Pre-departure COVID testing email

Hightackle84

Hi all 

We are due to fly out to meet Azura in a few weeks. When we booked we were told that COVID testing would all be complementary through a particular company and we would do pre-departure LFTs at the airport. Today we have had an email saying we now need to source our own tests. 

Has anyone else had this email and does anyone know what kind of LFT we need (i.e witnessed or just with a certificate or even a cheapo one we can wave at them in the terminal?)

Hello I received the same e mail today and asked my TA.  They said a LFT that you carry out at home then is certified by the provider is satisfactory (rather than having to go to the provider's premises).

I also asked whether it is 72 hours to getting on the ship or showing the certificate at the airport. Their view was that it was 48 hours for Malta. They said to do nothing until they had clarified it with P&O. I expect they will let me know tomorrow. If my TA is correct then I imagine revised advice will need to be sent out. 

17 hours ago, Hightackle84 said:

Hi all 

We are due to fly out to meet Azura in a few weeks. When we booked we were told that COVID testing would all be complementary through a particular company and we would do pre-departure LFTs at the airport. Today we have had an email saying we now need to source our own tests. 

Has anyone else had this email and does anyone know what kind of LFT we need (i.e witnessed or just with a certificate or even a cheapo one we can wave at them in the terminal?)

We don't fly  to Malta until  later in May so things may change before then. Are you under  the impression you will still need the test at the airport as well as the one 72 hours before departure?

44 minutes ago, Pencil62 said:

We don't fly  to Malta until  later in May so things may change before then. Are you under  the impression you will still need the test at the airport as well as the one 72 hours before departure?

From the email:

"To board Azura in Malta, all guests aged five years and above will need to organise and pay for a private antigen (lateral flow) test within 72 hours (24 hours for unvaccinated guests) prior to embarkation (NHS tests will not be accepted). Guests will need to present their negative antigen test certificate at the ship's terminal in Malta and, for those flying into Malta on a TUI charter flight, at the UK airport check-in desk"

Let's hope that Enjoyacruise's TA is correct.

1 hour ago, charlie-le-chat said:

From the email:

"To board Azura in Malta, all guests aged five years and above will need to organise and pay for a private antigen (lateral flow) test within 72 hours (24 hours for unvaccinated guests) prior to embarkation (NHS tests will not be accepted). Guests will need to present their negative antigen test certificate at the ship's terminal in Malta and, for those flying into Malta on a TUI charter flight, at the UK airport check-in desk"

Let's hope that Enjoyacruise's TA is correct.

I wonder why the email only refers to TUI flights. P&O are using Jet2 as well. Will there be different rules for them? 

Following a little wait, P&O have responded to an email I sent them about this. It seems they no longer provide complimentary LFT tests but they are still providing PCR tests for unvaccinated children under 12. 

They also just seem to want the LFTs with a certificate, rather than ones witnessed by a healthcare professional.