Epic - LIVE from Puerto Rico- 3/13/22

Starflyr3

1 hour ago, Bowmanvilletravel said:

Hi @Starflyr3Thanks for the review...we are on the Epic on the 2nd with kids as well...two QQ:

1. When you said you would stick with breakaway, etc with the kids is that because of the lack of extra activities on the boat?

2. You said you upgraded the wifi...did you upgrade to the streaming or regular internet?

Thanks so much!!

No, it was the absolute lack of privacy.  my son is 13, and there are NO doors to the bathroom, even in the DOS. That got awkward really fast. The shower isn’t even frosted.

also, my daughter doesn’t like water slides, so yes, BA is better with other non water slide activities.

lastly, the ship is laid out weirdly.  Like, you will NEVER find the library if you don’t already know where it is.

2.  I had the streaming Wi-Fi upgrade. We always buy the $10 per person message/call thing, and it hardly ever worked.  FaceTime worked better than ship messaging/calls, even when we caved and got everyone the non-streaming internet….

it almost seemed like they rebooted the router every hour on the hour.

Ok, I had to add this:

debarkation was smooth.

But…we bought the ncl airport transfer for the trip home.  

Apparently, that means you have to walk off the ship at 0715.  Soooo… we got to the airport before 8 am.  For a 3:15 flight.

and then….

we were informed that they will not check your luggage in more than 4 hours before your flight.  So, we got to sit on the floor of the airport for HOURS with ALL of our bags, then another 3.5 hours at the gate in the most uncomfortable seats ever.  The flight took about 6.5 hours, and there was a medical emergency (that thankfully did not have them asking for a physician), so that delayed us getting off another 20 minutes.  It’s now 10;30 Puerto Rico time, and we’re still driving home.

moral of the story, don’t buy the ncl transfer in San Juan if you have an afternoon flight.

Edited by Starflyr3

Hi ! Thanks for all the info, I'm on the 3/27 sailing, so this was all great to read.

One question though - what do you mean by "DOS" , as regards the room ?

Thanks !!