Celebrity meet ups

welshy74

Hello

We are on Celebrity Silhouette on 30th May and this will be our first Celebrity cruise. 

Does anyone know what time the LGBT meet up would normally be on embarkation day?  We have a restaurant booked so hoping there is no clash.  

Thanks

Kevin 

Hello,

The ship's daily paper, Celebrity Today, will be in your cabin on arrival - if not proceed to Guest Relations on deck 3 port-side where they will be displayed on a rack. The paper, usually in Europe, publishes the time and venue of LGBT meetings. There is often a sign close to guest relations showing LGBT meetings.

Very recent history, autumn 2021, is that they are held in the Martini Bar deck 4 port-side and at 17.15 - boarding day or not. Having said that, there are many guys that seem to exist on a purely liquid diet and for whom dining times are an irrelevance so should your restaurant booking clash and you left the group, there will still be a good number there when you came back and you won't be alone.

You should, and I hope you do, have a fantastic time.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

Have never traveled so long on any cruise. In the past I have been with family and at that time was married to it lady.   Very concerned about being on a cruise and not finding a social circle. As an older single man over 60, I am hopeful that there will be people to meet at the meet up’s.  
hopefully somebody that I can have some fun with either for meals, excursions, or just hanging out.  perhaps even more if the situation occurs.   

I guess I have some inhibitions since I have not been in a single situation since about age 30.   Need to shed my inhibitions

1 hour ago, tompeter said:

We are currently on Celebrity Apex and there are Gay folks EVERYWHERE...you will have no problem finding like minded folks to talk with...

Does there seem to be a fair amount of single guys 🤞

hopefully to chat with and more 😉

(my bad).  Yes I know it’s not an Atlantis cruise. 

Hello,

On the MSC Virtuosa last year I watched a couple of guys walking hand-in-hand along the Galleria Virtuosa (akin the RCI's Royal Promenade - but more classy).

Regards,

Cublet

17 hours ago, speedoguy1 said:

Does there seem to be a fair amount of single guys 🤞

hopefully to chat with and more 😉

(my bad).  Yes I know it’s not an Atlantis cruise. 

Good mix of both.... relax and enjoy your cruise...

On 3/14/2022 at 5:28 PM, welshy74 said:

Hello

We are on Celebrity Silhouette on 30th May and this will be our first Celebrity cruise. 

Does anyone know what time the LGBT meet up would normally be on embarkation day?  We have a restaurant booked so hoping there is no clash.  

Thanks

Kevin 

Hello,

I'll be on after you on 11th June.

Please do me a favour and ensure that there will be at least two weeks supply of genuine Prosecco and Argentinian Malbec left on board for me. 🤣

Regards,

Cublet

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I'll be on after you on 11th June.

Please do me a favour and ensure that there will be at least two weeks supply of genuine Prosecco and Argentinian Malbec left on board for me. 🤣

Regards,

Cublet

Loath Prosecco but I might make a dent in the supply of Argentinian Malbec !!

• 4 weeks later...

We also have never really "attended" a gathering simply because wherever we were, there was "family" there.  Both Celebrity and Royal Caribbean are really friendly in that manner.  Some of the guys we've met 20 years ago are still acquaintances of ours now.  Good times!

On 3/15/2022 at 1:42 PM, speedoguy1 said:

Have never traveled so long on any cruise. In the past I have been with family and at that time was married to it lady.   Very concerned about being on a cruise and not finding a social circle. As an older single man over 60, I am hopeful that there will be people to meet at the meet up’s.  
hopefully somebody that I can have some fun with either for meals, excursions, or just hanging out.  perhaps even more if the situation occurs.   

I guess I have some inhibitions since I have not been in a single situation since about age 30.   Need to shed my inhibitions

I obviously don't know you but I doubt you will ave any issues making friends or finding a social circle. In my experience, most cruisers are outgoing and curious by nature. You might have to move outside your comfort zone and join in at activities, requesting shared tables, doing the mixers etc. And, if you are over 60 and can still rock a Speedo i suspect you have nothing to worry about from just a superficial standpoint. I know it's not all about that but being someone's eye candy is always gratifying and is a great platform to build on. Have a great time.

We've been on several Celebrity cruises and always meet a nice group of gays.  We often keep in touch with some of them.  One couple we met 9 years ago on a Mediterranean cruise, and we meet up a couple of times a year.  (not on cruises).  The last few cruises we've done had LGBTQ+ meetings every night at around 8pm at the Martini Bar.   We'd go before dinner since we had 8:30 sitting and then often arrange to meet up at other times, go to a show.  It's fun.  

• Like 1