South Florida hotel suggestions.

mared1

We have stayed in Miami/Ft.Lauderdale quite a few times pre and post cruise and usually stay close to the port(s). This time, I am asking for suggestions for post cruise. The ship returns to Miami on a Sunday; our flight is late on Monday. We will have a rental car. Looking for hotel recommendations anywhere in the area and no more than $250. Are there area around Miami to avoid? Would a trip to Naples be worth it? What about areas north of Ft. Lauderdale? 

Thanks in advance for your assistance

Time of year and specific date can have a huge impact on hotel rates. When are you traveling?

Naples itself is interesting. The drive across and back can be a bit strenuous. I would not likely do it if I were driving across to get on a plane.

I would stay in the Miami, Fort Lauderdale area and save the Naples trip when you have more time. As for a hotel check out the Riverside Hotel which is located on Las Olas Blvd in Fort Lauderdale. A great area with a lot of great restaurants a short walk from the hotel. Very close to a Water Taxi stop too.

1 hour ago, FOPMan said:

Time of year and specific date can have a huge impact on hotel rates. When are you traveling?

Naples itself is interesting. The drive across and back can be a bit strenuous. I would not likely do it if I were driving across to get on a plane.

January 2023,  flight at 7:30 pm on Monday

I would not expect hotels to be inexpensive. You are pretty much in the middle of the tourist season. Early in the month is, of course, New Years. MLK day also brings snowbirds.

You could go visit the alligators at Shark Valley. You could go to Fairchild Tropical Gardens. You could go canoeing or kayaking at Anne Kolb Nature Center in Hollywood or go up to Jonathan Dickinson reserve or park.

Orlando (and more specifically Disney Springs) is 4:15 minutes from PortMiami.

You could go down to Key Largo (it’s a very long drive to Key West).

Happy Travels!

Thank you. I drive in Chicago so traffic is not a big concern and have driven in Miami area before. Really need ideas for what to do once we check out of hotel until we can check in for 7:30 pm flight home