Canada lifting pre-arrival COVID-19 testing requirement as of April 1

xlxo

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2022 at 8:48 AM, cruiseryyc said:
On 3/22/2022 at 6:21 PM, Coupe said:

When do you hav to do the ArrivCan?

24 to 72 hours prior your flight

Keep in mind, you have to fill out the ArriveCan before you board your flight, and fill it out once more to board your cruise.

And remember that this is for entering Canada- NOT boarding a cruise ship. Testing is still required to board any cruise ship. 

Has anyone figured out whether you still have to book an appointment for (possible) testing using the ArriveCAN? 

On 4/2/2022 at 2:29 AM, Qextor said:

Keep in mind, you have to fill out the ArriveCan before you board your flight, and fill it out once more to board your cruise.

Just the flight.  ArriveCan is for entering Canada, not leaving.

On 4/4/2022 at 1:42 PM, 5waldos said:

And remember that this is for entering Canada- NOT boarding a cruise ship. Testing is still required to board any cruise ship. 

Has anyone figured out whether you still have to book an appointment for (possible) testing using the ArriveCAN? 

You can register in advance for arrival testing at the airport in case you are randomly selected for testing.... it's supposed to speed up the process.  You don't do it through ArriveCan, it's done with the testing service provider.  See instructions in here:

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada#arrival

8 hours ago, d9704011 said:

ArriveCan is for entering Canada, not leaving.

Yes, meds causing a little 'cog fog', and forgetting we are leaving from Seattle, not Vancouver.  I guess I got the idea from the fact we are visiting Victoria, BC, and I didn't think the CBP would exempt cruise ship pax from having to use ArriveCan to enter Canada to visit the city.  Which why I thought we Canadians had to do it twice - once to visit Victoria, having travelled from Seattle, and then again, traveling back to Vancouver from Seattle after the cruise. 

Edited by Qextor

9 hours ago, d9704011 said:

Just the flight.  ArriveCan is for entering Canada, not leaving.

If boarding a cruise that will disembark in Canada, you're expected to complete ArriveCAN for that eventual arrival prior to departure (regardless of where the cruise originates).

image.thumb.png.53e2f49fd9c92b3916845a03797bce3a.png

https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2022/03/preventing-or-limiting-the-spread-of-covid-19-on-cruise-ships.html

4 hours ago, bigAWL said:

If boarding a cruise that will disembark in Canada, you're expected to complete ArriveCAN for that eventual arrival prior to departure (regardless of where the cruise originates).

https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2022/03/preventing-or-limiting-the-spread-of-covid-19-on-cruise-ships.html

Yes.  That is not what the original statement was talking about when I commented on it.  Go back and read things through.

5 hours ago, bigAWL said:

Oops, I apologize.  I was wrong.  Please disregard my earlier comments.

20 hours ago, EleventyBangBang said:

Do we still need to do this ArriveCan thing if we don't plan to get off the ship in Canada?

It's only required if your cruise ends in Canada, whether you plan to get off or not. 😉

For a cruise that ends outside of Canada, it's not required, even if you start in Canada or visit a Canadian port along the way.

Edited by bigAWL

I read elsewhere that if the ship goes into Canada (and sailing in Canadian water seems to count) that you  may not be allowed to board the ship, where ever it boards, without the ArriveCan approval papers, even if you have no intention of getting off the ship. I would check this out carefully before you go off. So far, signing up for it has been quite easy, although I don't know what it will be to complete the online forms closer to sailing. 

F/U- I just googled for further information on this and from what I read, ALL cruise passengers who will be entering Canada- including on the water- are required to complete the ArriveCan. You are considered to be entering Canada if you are in Canadian waters. 

Edited by 5waldos