Oceania Air

ssawjo

We have made our final payment and are electing to use Oceania Air from PHX to New York roundtrip.  The cruise starts from NYC in late July 2022 (Insignia).  Question:  When does Oceania make our plane reservations and when do they notify my TA or the passenger of the arrangement?  

Thanks,

Bill & Kathi

Oceania booked our flights for 3/28 sail date mid January—much earlier than 4 weeks we were told to expect. Oceania did not finalize the tickets for about a month. I will note, we are flying IAH (Houston) to LIS (Lisbon) and FCO (Rome) to IAH. My guess is they booked early because flight cancellations were massive in early January, and they wanted to hedge against volatility. I would expect they will not book so early for PHX/NYC round trip. Oceania sent flight details to travel agent 1st. 

Once you have made final payment you can request that Oceania issue the air tickets.  But then the tickets are your responsibility from the day they are issued.  We have done this in the past in order to get upgrades... Yes, that depends on which airline.

We booked and paid for everything in mid January for a May cruise in Europe. We got our flight schedule Feb. 2nd. We were able to change them up a little and we're very happy with them now. They are with United leaving out of IAH.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, daniels5759 said:

We booked and paid for everything in mid January for a May cruise in Europe. We got our flight schedule Feb. 2nd. We were able to change them up a little and we're very happy with them now. They are with United leaving out of IAH.

We got a British Air/American split out of IAH. RT United would have been nice, so I am a little jealous 😉They make preflight testing so much easier. I just don’t feel like United had many options to Lisbon and Rome which are our European stops.