Royal Babies & Tots

Needing some insight into RB&T for those who have cruised more recently. We just moved a cruise from April to November but now my husband is looking to book an early June cruise. 

I am not so concerned with my vaccinated 7 year old but we do have a (trial vaccinated) 18 month old that obviously does not fall into the eligible category for vaccinations yet. 

My question is - is royal running the royal baby and tots program at this time? I know carnival is not for under 5s but haven’t found a clear answer for royal. 

20 minutes ago, yourSLCwoman said:

They were running it last week on the Oasis; my grandson went a few times.

@yourSLCwoman thank you. Did you find it hard to get hours? I don't plan on putting her in a bunch but there are times we will want pool time/alone time with our son/adults. 

There were some times that reservations were required and other times it was first-come, first-served. We got him registered as soon as we were on the ship and my son-in-law made reservations for the first two nights. When he dropped the baby off, he was given an old nokia phone in case the caregivers needed to get ahold of him (never did). On one of the other nights, my son-in-law thought it was a walk-in night, so he went right when they opened at 7pm, but was told that reservations were required and they were full. He went back an hour later and there was a spot. I would talk to the caregivers at the time you register her and get a clear understanding of the reservation process.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yourSLCwoman said:

There were some times that reservations were required and other times it was first-come, first-served. We got him registered as soon as we were on the ship and my son-in-law made reservations for the first two nights. When he dropped the baby off, he was given an old nokia phone in case the caregivers needed to get ahold of him (never did). On one of the other nights, my son-in-law thought it was a walk-in night, so he went right when they opened at 7pm, but was told that reservations were required and they were full. He went back an hour later and there was a spot. I would talk to the caregivers at the time you register her and get a clear understanding of the reservation process.

Same on allure 7 dayin late December.  Able to book 10 hrs on day one for the 2 year old, we chose dinner times each night.  On second evening just asked if any other times were open and we were able to choose other times.  All kids 2+ have to wear a mask, but they only had 2 children in the nursery at once, so they seemed pretty understanding that kids that young aren't great about wearing the mask.  My kiddo loved the nursery and wanted to go all the time, the caregivers were amazing, they never called us for anything, even when there were multiple wardrobe malfunctions.  I think understanding that parents needed a break.  It was wonderful.  Last cruise was when he was 6 mo old also wonderful experience, but more kids in the nursery

• Like 1

On 3/17/2022 at 10:46 AM, myacuna said:

Needing some insight into RB&T for those who have cruised more recently. We just moved a cruise from April to November but now my husband is looking to book an early June cruise. 

I am not so concerned with my vaccinated 7 year old but we do have a (trial vaccinated) 18 month old that obviously does not fall into the eligible category for vaccinations yet. 

My question is - is royal running the royal baby and tots program at this time? I know carnival is not for under 5s but haven’t found a clear answer for royal. 

It was up and running on the Wonder last week. Check with the facility upon embarkation to find out how "full" they will be and make reservations. 

18D65C32-12FA-4E58-9167-E46A8DE2F323.jpeg

image.png.4c8a21d4956cb2ea44e59ffb924cb506.pngimage.png.9bce1bae30e5da13275249fa0b7d36d4.png

image.png.3c758a24b5bee2d965440576ae3fd524.png

@BirdTravels thank you so much for sharing your Wonder info! We are sailing on her with the same kiddos (as the one in June that I was asking about) - but the toddler will be almost 2 in that case. So its nice to see this info pertaining to her on Wonder as well