UDP and dining on the Adventure of the Seas-- Also THIS!

Going on the 5-night Adventure cruise to Bermuda in June.
Was thinking about the UDP, because between 3 of us, we have $250 in on- board credit. It's currently $110 per person for the duration of the cruise.
We don't need drink packages because we drink water/tea and are all diamond and staying in a suite, so (4) drink vouchers a day plus free Suite Lounge drinks (which don't count against the 4 vouchers) each evening should be enough.

Is it still worth it?
OR--- they are offering a Chops+1 deal: $59.99 per person for Chops on the 1st night plus a second specialty restaurant (Chops again, if we'd like) on any other night. Adventure only offer Izumi, Chops and Giovanni's, so maybe that's better?

Also-- just noticed as of today, the UDP only offers a $20 credit toward Izumi, when I could have sworn it was $30 or $35 just the other day. Anyone else confirm that that changed?

Thanks!

Personally, on that itinerary, I would do the Chops +1. Adventure doesn't have nearly the specialty options of newer ships (or even amped Voyager class ships that have gotten Playmakers), plus you have 2 lunches and a dinner where you'll be docked in Bermuda.

• Like 1

Just off Adventure and had the Chops + 1.  What this really comes down to is whether you will enjoy the main dining room the other three nights.  For us it was fine.  Not amazing food but pretty good.  And one night was lobster which I love.  We’ve done the UDP before when we had a bunch of onboard credit and it was good.  Personally, there were entrees on both Chops and Giovanni’s menus that I would have tried but for us it just wouldn’t be worth the extra cost.  As mentioned above, I would just use the OBC toward gratuities and save my money for another trip.  

18 hours ago, AndrewKozak said:

Also-- just noticed as of today, the UDP only offers a $20 credit toward Izumi, when I could have sworn it was $30 or $35 just the other day. Anyone else confirm that that changed?

Thanks!

I just went in and looked at the UDP for one of our Jewel cruises.  Jewel has the same restaurants, Chips, Giovanni’s, and Izumi.

It says there is a $20 credit for venues with Ala Carte pricing, such as Playmakers.  

At Izumi, it says Teppanyaki is included with a $10 up-charge.