Canada eases border resrictions April 1

Traveller20074

OTTAWA—Canada will end a requirement for fully vaccinated travelers to show proof of a negative Covid-19 test before entering the country, easing a restriction that had frustrated businesses on both sides of the U.S.-Canada border.

Beginning April 1, fully vaccinated travelers to Canada will be allowed to cross the border without showing proof of a negative Covid-19 test, Canadian officials said Thursday, although they may still be subject to random testing upon their arrival. The change doesn’t apply to people who are unvaccinated or partially vaccinated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is good news although you still need to register with the online Canadian app. At least if you are flying in for sure.

But- and for many it is a big BUT- my understanding is that you still need one to board a ship if you are leaving from Canada. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

This is good news although you still need to register with the online Canadian app. At least if you are flying in for sure.

But- and for many it is a big BUT- my understanding is that you still need one to board a ship if you are leaving from Canada. 

so, our cruise in May....last stop Victoria - I will not have to have one to get off the cruiseship I hope.  that's my understanding, anyway.   Pretty sure the Bliss will let me back on after my excursion

1 hour ago, 5waldos said:

You still need a test to board in the US to don't you?   Really the Canadian change just made it so you don't need an extra test to get off the boat in Canada, like in the US

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Woody14 said:

You still need a test to board in the US to don't you?   Really the Canadian change just made it so you don't need an extra test to get off the boat in Canada, like in the US

Yes,I need a test to get on the ship.  I just don't need ANOTHER one before my excursion.  I'm pretty sure if they wouldn't have lifted the restritions, I would have needed to test on the ship before my excursion in Victoria

• Like 1