Vancouver luggage storage and late flight

Hi, we are sailing into Vancouver mid May (on RCI Radiance FYI) and our flight home isn't until 10pm. Just wondering what options are available for luggage storage as we would like to make the most of the day and do some sightseeing.

I seem to remember pre Covid that the Pan Pacific hotel took luggage in (for a fee) - does anyone know if this is still the case or are there  any other options.

Thanks in advance x

The PP will most likely still be doing the same - but it would be even more time-efficient to not have to return to the same spot to collect your bags, which is where Porter Genie excel. They come to you to collect the bags then deliver them to wherever you will be when you need them back - the per bag price is actually cheaper than the official pier storage (CAD$7.99 each), the pickup and dropoff fees on top cover as many bags as you want. IIRC, a downtown pickup would cost $10 and an airport drop $15 (YVR is in a different city, Richmond, so there's a higher delivery fee). Whether that is better for you than a cheaper 'hold bags downtown' service depends on your opinion of 'time vs money'...

Otherwise there are several 'stash bags all sorts of places' services which have Vancouver locations - Luggage Hero has per hour rates, Bagsort charges from $6 per day, Radical Storage and Luggageo run $8, and Stasher charges $10 per bag. Each offers fundamentally the same service - pay them and they only then do they tell you exactly where you are to go (shops, restaurants, and hotels all possible storage sites) similar to how Airbnb etc. only give ballpark locations until you commit. Insurance for your bags is included in the fee, with the pricier services generally offering higher sums.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 7/12/2022 at 11:01 PM, mommalee said:

Has anyone used PoterGenie lately?  When I ask for a quote online, it says they are closed due to Covid.

Sorry for the delay in replying - I only found out about PorterGenie closing after I'd posted that note and another on a different thread later. Didn't think to search for past posts and update once I found out! If you've gone through the booking process to hit the 'closed for covid' message, they're definitely still not operating - but the other 'leave them, come back for them' services all seem to be available.