Seashore review March 12 cruise

misand

Just off the Seashore!  Fastest self disembarkation ever.  They started letting us off at 7 am and we’re to our car by 7:25. Our car was quite a walk away.

Embarkation:arrived at around 1130 and on by 12:15.

Cabin:  bathroom is very small and shower is very tight.  Otherwise balcony on deck 12 was good.  Lots of storage for 2 ppl.

Dining room:  1st night about 2 and a half hours but each night it got better.  Food was definitely better on Meraviglia.

Buffet: traffic jams galore at peak times as lots of lines weren’t open.

Tepanyaki: really good!
Butchers Cut!  Great!!!!!!
Hola!  Ok but not near as good as on the Meraviglia.

WiFi internet:  had a lot of issues.

Cozumel we went to Mr. Sanchos as always wonderful.

Falmouth:  husband and I walked around port for about 10 min then got back on.  Daughter did bobsled and Dunn’s river and had a blast.

Entertainment:  main theater was not our cup of tea.  Saw Gravity the first night and were very bored.  Too much slow movements and no real theme.
Coast to coast was pretty good.

The best is in the Caberet lounge.  We really enjoyed the dancing and singing that was performed there.

We found nightlife a bit lacking, name that toon on Meraviglia was an individual competition for tickets to earn prizes.  On Seashore they divide the room and half and play.

Overall we had a good time but the Meraviglia was far better.  This ship is too cut up and I never felt like their was a center hub like the main pool deck on a typical ship.  We spent most of our daytime at the jungle pool and some at the infinity pool.  

Any questions just ask!  This is just my opinion.  The ship seemed understaffed and weren’t ready for 3000 guests.  I will still sail again on MSC.  This was our 4th MSC but we have been on 25 cruises.

• Thanks 1

How did you like it compare to the Sunrise? I went in August on the Mere, Sunrise in December as well as the Freedom of the Seas.

I liked the Sunrise the best out of the three.

I was disappointed in the food on the Mere in August, the buffet was only one side and everything seemed to repeat everyday. We purchased the dining package for our upcoming cruise on the Seashore.

11 minutes ago, DisneyDatknee said:

We purchased the dining package for our upcoming cruise on the Seashore.

What did you pay for the dining pkg? We are going on Seashore in July.

TIA

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

What did you pay for the dining pkg? We are going on Seashore in July.

TIA

These are the packages available on my booking:

$155 for Hola!, Butcher's Cut, the Teppanyaki, & Ocean Cay (16% savings)

$110 for Hola!, Butcher's Cut, Ocean Cay (23% Savings)

$99 Butcher's Cut, the Teppanyaki (20% Savings)

From what I have seen online, the dining experience per person without the package is as follows:

Hola! : $18

Butcher's Cut : $59

Ocean Cay: $59

Teppanyaki: $44 (If you select Sencho)

Edited by DisneyDatknee

1 hour ago, DisneyDatknee said:

These are the packages available on my booking:

$155 for Hola!, Butcher's Cut, the Teppanyaki, & Ocean Cay (16% savings)

$110 for Hola!, Butcher's Cut, Ocean Cay (23% Savings)

$99 Butcher's Cut, the Teppanyaki (20% Savings)

From what I have seen online, the dining experience per person without the package is as follows:

Hola! : $18

Butcher's Cut : $59

Ocean Cay: $59

Teppanyaki: $44 (If you select Sencho)

Thank you! I greatly appreciate you taking the time and effort to let me know.

Stay Safe and Happy Cruising! 

4 hours ago, DisneyDatknee said:

How did you like it compare to the Sunrise? I went in August on the Mere, Sunrise in December as well as the Freedom of the Seas.

I liked the Sunrise the best out of the three.

I was disappointed in the food on the Mere in August, the buffet was only one side and everything seemed to repeat everyday. We purchased the dining package for our upcoming cruise on the Seashore.

I liked the daytime food on the Sunrise but didn’t find much at dinner.  The ship seemed so cramped in the buffet and by the Mexican and guys burgers.  We did love the steakhouse on Carnival just as we loved Butchers cut on Seashore.  And yes the buffet did repeat a bit on the Seashore. Sunrise was pretty close to capacity when we went so it felt packed. Which sailing on the Sunrise? We were dec 18 

23 hours ago, misand said:

I liked the daytime food on the Sunrise but didn’t find much at dinner.  The ship seemed so cramped in the buffet and by the Mexican and guys burgers.  We did love the steakhouse on Carnival just as we loved Butchers cut on Seashore.  And yes the buffet did repeat a bit on the Seashore. Sunrise was pretty close to capacity when we went so it felt packed. Which sailing on the Sunrise? We were dec 18 

I sailed on the 9th! I think it was probably less busy on my cruise since you were more in peak holiday time. It's a flaw in the "Triumph Class" (Sunrise, Sunshine, and Radience). The buffet area has always been pretty tight. It's better on the newer ships. Thanks for your comments 🙂

• Like 1