Nevis Excursions

bhsolo

I'm debating between two Nevis excursions and was hoping for some of your Royal insight since you all were so helpful with St. Thomas and am guessing these are Royal trips but also asking on St.Kitts/Nevis board.

ST. KITTS CATAMARAN SAIL & NEVIS BEACH GETAWAY - how rough is the catamaran as they mention motion sickness being an issue? Also, with no chairs, umbrellas, or bathrooms at the beach is there any shade available if I just put my towel out? I assume there is a bathroom on the catamaran we can just use whenever?

A DAY TRIP TO NEVIS WITH LUNCH - This one seems like a lot of "sightseeing" without much beach time but I'm wondering if it's more of a talking tour on the way to lunch/beach rather than sightseeing? Any idea how much time is actually at the beach?

And how long is the trip to Nevis?

Edited by bhsolo

Any questions pertaining to an excursion offered by RC on the cruise planner you can email them direct @ shorex@rccl.com

I have emailed them before & they were very helpful in providing the answers to the specific questions/concerns we had.  Hope this helps!! Happy cruising!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bhsolo said:

I'm debating between two Nevis excursions and was hoping for some of your Royal insight since you all were so helpful with St. Thomas and am guessing these are Royal trips but also asking on St.Kitts/Nevis board.

ST. KITTS CATAMARAN SAIL & NEVIS BEACH GETAWAY - how rough is the catamaran as they mention motion sickness being an issue? Also, with no chairs, umbrellas, or bathrooms at the beach is there any shade available if I just put my towel out? I assume there is a bathroom on the catamaran we can just use whenever?

A DAY TRIP TO NEVIS WITH LUNCH - This one seems like a lot of "sightseeing" without much beach time but I'm wondering if it's more of a talking tour on the way to lunch/beach rather than sightseeing? Any idea how much time is actually at the beach?

We’ve done the catamaran & Nevis beach getaway and is one the, if not the, best excursions we’ve ever done. The boat crew was excellent. The lunch on the beach was very good. We will be doing it again next time we’re there. 

2 hours ago, bhsolo said:

I think we did this one, or something similar.

We weren't impressed. The best part was the boat trip back and forth.

We were supposed to get off at several stops but the bus just did a slow drive by. I don't know if we weren't allowed off or short on time.

The lunch part. We'll, it was not included in the excursion price and service was very slow. We did not order and instead ate the packaged peanuts I carry in case of emergencies. This qualified. It was on the beach but it was a very small cruddy beach. We only had about an hour to grab lunch and spend time at the "beach." There were a few tables set up selling trinkets.

Nevis was very pretty. 

Read the description VERY CAREFULLY.

• Thanks 1

We did the Nevis with Lunch excursion and really enjoyed it.  Our driver/guide was very well versed in the history of the island and gave great information.  The lunch was excellent (and I was not expecting much of a lunch).  We had just enough time at the beach.  

• Like 1

On 3/19/2022 at 9:26 PM, Let us cruise often said:

Any questions pertaining to an excursion offered by RC on the cruise planner you can email them direct @ shorex@rccl.com

I have emailed them before & they were very helpful in providing the answers to the specific questions/concerns we had.  Hope this helps!! Happy cruising!! 

Thanks! Just sent them an email. 

On 3/19/2022 at 8:49 PM, bhsolo said:

Just got back a week ago from a cruise where we did this excursion.  1st stop was Alexander Hamilton's boyhood home.  2nd stop was an Anglican church with great views and the last stop was for an included lunch and then about an hour of beach time.  We really liked this excursion.  The guide was great and he sang

the St. Kitts & Nevis national anthem for us.  Where else can you hear that 😉

Edited by Dewaldcruiser