Wheelchair only for excursions

ShuffleonHome

I will be cruising in June and bringing my personal scooter.  For 2 ports, I feel like it would be easier to have a collapsible push wheelchair versus my scooter because it allows me to get more places because it’s smaller & lighter.  I could also walk with an aid but these docks are huge and too much for me 

is there a way to borrow a chair for only 2 days?  Going on RCL Symphony of seas if it matters.  

I do not believe you can borrow a wheelchair during the cruise unless there is a medical need (example:  you sprain your ankle while on your cruise). 

Direct from Royal's website:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/wheelchair-motor-vehicle-guest-assistance  

PS:   If you haven't done so already, you will need to notify Royal's Access Dept that you are bringing a scooter and also complete a Special Needs form.  Contact information here:     https://www.royalcaribbean.com/experience/accessible-cruising/mobility-disabilities

It is always best to have 2 options at least to allow for different circumstances. Mobility at Sea www.mobility at sea.co.uk do a very good hire service for cruises from Southampton. 
we own a Rollz  (Rollz Mobility UK)  which coverts from a wheelchair to a rollator depending on the needs at the time. Ideal for cruising mobility equipment.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/20/2022 at 5:41 PM, Leelou270 said:

It is always best to have 2 options at least to allow for different circumstances. Mobility at Sea www.mobility at sea.co.uk do a very good hire service for cruises from Southampton. 
we own a Rollz  (Rollz Mobility UK)  which coverts from a wheelchair to a rollator depending on the needs at the time. Ideal for cruising mobility equipment.  

Agree!  I've learned that my rented scooter works great on the ship, but not so in many ports or w/tenders (water shuttles for some small ports).  I now take or rent a rollator; I often cruise solo & don't have anyone to push a chair.  {That Rollz Mobility sounds great. Got to check on that]