Luggage / porters at New Orleans

soloadventurer

Sorry if this has been asked before but I can’t find the answer.

This is our first cruise out of New Orleans and we’ll be arriving at the port by taxi, are there porters on hand to take your luggage straight away ?

Also if anyone can point me in the direction of a thread or video relating to the process at the port please, it would be very helpful.

Thank you.

Yup -- the taxi/rideshare traffic line drops you off with the porters and you walk straight in to the terminal from there. It's very simple. The only place for any car to drop off a passenger will have porters.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, soloadventurer said:

Sorry if this has been asked before but I can’t find the answer.

This is our first cruise out of New Orleans and we’ll be arriving at the port by taxi, are there porters on hand to take your luggage straight away ?

Also if anyone can point me in the direction of a thread or video relating to the process at the port please, it would be very helpful.

Thank you.

this is the dropoff arra. The guys in the orange vests are porters.

B6B5FB30-06BB-4F44-B9D9-D7602998B0AE.thumb.jpeg.d5bfdb175a756528a735cee0973d5433.jpeg

This is the line to get into the port.

5B69C9F5-138A-4C13-8028-F4F33005DFCE.thumb.jpeg.a1cdf4f3d2b9683f8c2722f927a7b3f4.jpeg

10 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

this is the dropoff arra. The guys in the orange vests are porters.

B6B5FB30-06BB-4F44-B9D9-D7602998B0AE.thumb.jpeg.d5bfdb175a756528a735cee0973d5433.jpeg

This is the line to get into the port.

5B69C9F5-138A-4C13-8028-F4F33005DFCE.thumb.jpeg.a1cdf4f3d2b9683f8c2722f927a7b3f4.jpeg

Do you recommend parking at port or do you have a better recommendation?? This is our first time out of NOLA also ???

We are driving to cruise.

Thank you!!

Edited by Gen X Life
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Gen X Life said:

Do you recommend parking at port or do you have a better recommendation?? This is our first time out of NOLA also ???

We are driving to cruise.

Thank you!!

If you don’t mind paying a little extra, I hear port parking is great. It’s $20/day. The porter meets you at your car to get your luggage. Just take an elevator down to the port.

I have cruised out of New Orleans 9 times and used Fulton for all of them. it’s the most economical. $10/ rooftop. $14/day garage. But this last time there were shuttle delays I haven’t experienced in the past. I had to wait for a third shuttle. 40 minutes I was out there. Maybe just a bad day but after 9 times they have me questioning whether I’d use them again.

Machu Picchu is between the two. It’s a smaller offsite lot. I believe they’re more than Fulton but less than the port. They’re known for more personal service than Fulton. I have a list of the various prices they quoted me as well as all the other lots here:

https://saintgregtravel.com/new-orleans-parking/