COVID Question

Polecat

I am a little confused.  We are boarding the Wind Surf in Barcelona on May 24.  In the March 7 COVID update Windstar says, "All guests must take a PCR test within three days prior to boarding the yacht".  The next paragraph says, "As an extra precaution, all guests are administered a COVID-19 test at the pier prior to embarkation, at Windstar's expense."  Do we have to have 2 PCR tests within 3 days or does the test taken on the pier cover the requirement to have a test taken within 3 days of boarding?

I have the same question, Polecat. We will actually be on the same cruise (!!) and we’ll be flying to Barcelona from another European city on 5/23. It is quite problematic for us to get the PCR test beforehand so we’re hoping Windstar will drop that requirement by May. Does anyone have any insight from Windstar?

Unless there is some exemption for Barcelona, then the answer is yes. Two tests are required. I asked the question when booking a domestic sailing.

I’ll be scrambling to find a location offering a rapid PCR on the weekend in order to satisfy the three-day rule. We can only hope the requirement will be dropped by May.