Review of NCL Excursion to Coconut Cove All Inclusive (February 2022)

SANDPEBBLES

This was billed as an off-road adventure of 45 minutes, leading to Coconut Cove Beach.  We met in the Escape theatre and received guidance from there.  I would note that the walk to the safari-like buses is pretty long, probably 2 miles.  Pam’s watch registered over 4 miles of steps at the end of the day.  Our open-air bus was the last one in line so it might be less for other travelers.  We climbed on and discovered that the aisle is extremely narrow.  You really have to squeeze your way to a seat.  Masks were required.  Hopefully, that will be lifted in the future. 

*Towels are available when you step off the ship so don’t worry if you forgot to get one previously.  Easily checked out and returned. 

Initially, the highway was smooth, but we soon turned off onto unpaved territory.  Our group was a cheerful bunch, and no one seemed to mind the bumpy ride.  Our guide was super enthusiastic and did her best to speak over the wind and motor noise.  I hope they get her a microphone because I worried about her voice giving out.  You will get a nice look at the countryside with cows standing inches from the road.  At one point, we were completely stopped by a dump truck pouring dirt on the road and another machine smoothing it out.  Eventually, they were able to let us through, and we made it to Coconut Cove.

When you disembark, you will see the bathrooms and restaurant.  You travel down a platform staircase to the beach where there is assistance with chairs and umbrellas.  Really pretty beach with a bar at beach level.  The all-inclusive does not include all types drinks.  Four types of mixed drinks were included but nothing for beer and other mixed drinks.  I did not note the prices for things.  So sorry about that.  The all-inclusive meal was served around the upstairs restaurant.  Plenty of chairs up there and plenty of trees for shade.  We stayed down on the beach and skipped the lunch so I can’t report on that.  Pam snorkeled but didn’t see much of anything that day.  Water is clear and lovely.  Make sure you have water shoes.

Something I wish I had known:  There are lady bathroom attendants to keep the toilets flushed.  I did not bring any money with which to tip them.  Felt sorry about that.  Bathrooms were very clean.  

Coconut Cove Beach Puerto Plata 2022.jpg

IMG_3800.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I am signed up for this in August.

So this includes chair, umbrella, lunch & drinks?

Unlimited drinks? Any non-alcoholic offerings?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 5/21/2022 at 8:06 PM, KKB said:

I am signed up for this in August.

So this includes chair, umbrella, lunch & drinks?

Unlimited drinks? Any non-alcoholic offerings?

Thanks!

If you read the review it states the open bar is very limited to 4 types of mixed drinks.

2 hours ago, PATRLR said:

If you read the review it states the open bar is very limited to 4 types of mixed drinks.

Guessing a variety of rum punches--seems to be the MO of the Caribbean.

I don't drink beer & will be solo for this trip so limited options isn't a big deal!