Santorini - Mid July - 4 Adults & 4 Teens

martyap

First visit to Santorini off the Odyssey in July. We will be in port from 1:00 to 11:00. Any suggestions on private tours? Would love to explore not only Fira but Oia as well. Might be too complicated DIY for 8. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

58 minutes ago, martyap said:

First visit to Santorini off the Odyssey in July. We will be in port from 1:00 to 11:00. Any suggestions on private tours? Would love to explore not only Fira but Oia as well. Might be too complicated DIY for 8. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

I actually feel like you could do Oia on your own with Google Maps to find all the photo spots. We took a water taxi from the pier where the tender comes in, which then gives you a bus up to Oia and then a bus ride back to Fira (where you take the tram back to the pier). Any tour I noticed basically paid a guide to do the same thing, though there may be other tours I’m not aware of. The other options are the beaches which there private tours for, but we didn’t do that so I’m not sure, but you probably don’t have time for Oia/Fira and beaches. 

How adventurous and fit are you?  It would be HOT, but I think a lot of teens would enjoy doing the hike from Fira to Oia and then maybe take a taxi back to Fira.  It's not for everyone (I've never done it!), but if you look at YouTube videos of it, it seems like a great trip to make if you're up to it.

I would visit a black sand beach in the afternoon while hot,  and then Oia for a sunset dinner.  Just use the local buses, easy. Or a visit to the ruins of .Akrotiri is also spectacular and worth seeing.  And perhaps the nearby red sand beach?   

Edited by bennybear