Luggage Forward

coljack

We will be using Luggage Forward for the first time on our upcoming cruise.  Posters seem to like it with only one unfortunate experience.  We have a couple questions.  Has anyone had any difficulty from clearing customs, either into Europe or home to US?  I assume that the luggage would be delivered to the ship and then to our cabin.  On departure, I assume there is a particular luggage tag delivered to the cabin to be affixed to a Luggage Forward bag.  Am I correct?  Any other pointers?  Thanks, faithful posters!

No difficulty with customs using any services but I adhere to the rules. Bags will be delivered to your cabin. On departure, you will collect all your bags in the terminal and take them through customs and then hand it whichever bags are being shipped to Luggage Free - they will have a label for it at Luggage Free (or Luggage Forward or whichever service won the bidding for the latest contract with Regent).

Learned the hard way from a Silversea cruise a few years ago embarking in Venice. The more “hands” that touch/handle your luggage, the more can go wrong. A “pain” to have to carry with you but better to have luggage at the start of your cruise than 3 days later. Simply my input. 

• Like 1