Konigsdam in Santa Barbara

OlsSalt

Love the pics!  I am on Koningsdam right now as well. 
I just happened to check the CDC status update and we are in the Orange as of yesterday. Have you heard anything about current cases?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, RlyLvn said:

Love the pics!  I am on Koningsdam right now as well. 
I just happened to check the CDC status update and we are in the Orange as of yesterday. Have you heard anything about current cases?

No reports here on land about this status even in the news report about its arrival yesterday, how are they handling this Orange Status on board?

Only local news was the ocean activist group announcing they were trailing the ship in their own water craft,  and checking water samples to make sure it was not violating "dumping" regulations.  (Then continued with their standard anti-cruise ship screed).

No one is aware of any Covid on the ship. Since the CDC has just dropped its travel warnings for Cruise Ships after 2 years I wonder if that means it will discontinue the  “Covid Status Tracker”. 

17 hours ago, OlsSalt said:

No reports here on land about this status even in the news report about its arrival yesterday, how are they handling this Orange Status on board?

Only local news was the ocean activist group announcing they were trailing the ship in their own water craft,  and checking water samples to make sure it was not violating "dumping" regulations.  (Then continued with their standard anti-cruise ship screed).

Seems to be an uptick in cases, not just on cruise ships.  In my work environment it has doubled (but not progressing as fast as the last go-around) being dominated more by the vaccinated rather than the unvaxed testing positive. Fortunately cases seem to be mild.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, RlyLvn said:

No one is aware of any Covid on the ship. Since the CDC has just dropped its travel warnings for Cruise Ships after 2 years I wonder if that means it will discontinue the  “Covid Status Tracker”. 

I’m onboard now, and very few passengers are wearing masks. The captain made a mention of the “green” status on embarkation day announcement… “let’s keep up the good work”.

“Masks recommended” signs are everywhere, but otherwise you’d have no idea a deadly pandemic is still going on. Huge disappointment from our experience in October on this ship when passengers were very conscientious.

The fact the ship has gone from green to orange and ZERO mention of it onboard has us rethinking our May and August cruises now. The lack of transparency is a trust issue. 

• Like 1

I asked at the Customer Service Desk again today if anyone was in isolation due to Covid. They “assured “ me that no one on the ship has Covid. I showed her the CDC Tracker. She said that there were some positive cases on the last cruise but not this one. 
If that’s the case it should be reflected on the CDC Spreadsheet. 
It will be interesting to see if that changes before the end of this cruise. 
As of right now it shows orange for 3 days.