NCL Cabin/Ship Card

cruiserbear55

25 minutes ago, eileeshb said:

Nope, even when some women’s clothing looks like it has pockets very often they’re fake or too small to be any use.

But women”s summer wear with pockets is vanishingly. I do the orders for my family’s shop and any time I spot a skirt or dress with pockets I order it, thankfully I’m dealing with surf fashion so all the boardshorts (surf shorts) have pockets for wax combs or fin keys. 

The reason womens' apparel doesn't  have pockets is because women do want pockets.

Why do women avoid pockets?  Stuff in their pockets causse lines and bulges which women consider unslghtly.

Just now, RocketMan275 said:

The reason womens' apparel doesn't  have pockets is because women do want pockets.

Why do women avoid pockets?  Stuff in their pockets causse lines and bulges which women consider unslghtly.

Nope again, women’s clothing designers (who are not necessarily women) think that practical pockets are unsightly . But this is changing, I’m seeing an ever increasing trend of adding pockets on occasionwear though it is on dresses with fuller skirts rather than the skintight dresses. 

the designer impact is actually starting to hit menswear, there’s a reason manbags have come into fashion. Men are starting to lose functional pockets just as women are starting to gain it. 

• Like 1

Used lanyasrds with a pocket on both Breakaway and Bliss recently.  Never had to remove the card on either trip.  Just put it near the lock on the doors and held it out for barcode scan at restaurants.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, eileeshb said:

Nope again, women’s clothing designers (who are not necessarily women) think that practical pockets are unsightly . But this is changing, I’m seeing an ever increasing trend of adding pockets on occasionwear though it is on dresses with fuller skirts rather than the skintight dresses. 

the designer impact is actually starting to hit menswear, there’s a reason manbags have come into fashion. Men are starting to lose functional pockets just as women are starting to gain it. 

I really don't think most cruise ship passengers are on the leading edge of fashion.

Full skirts aren't that popular on cruise ships.  You see mostly rather tight shorts where lines will show.

Ask your typical woman why she gets her male companion to carry her keys, etc.

BTW, I haven't seen a lot of men on cruise ships carrying manbags.

20 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

I really don't think most cruise ship passengers are on the leading edge of fashion.

Full skirts aren't that popular on cruise ships.  You see mostly rather tight shorts where lines will show.

Dude. I am a womanI’m also a buyer for surf shop so I order all the men’s, women’s and kids clothing and accessories in addition to all the equipment from 8 surf clothing brands, 6 wetsuit companies and a plethora of other suppliers.  Your definition of a typical woman is not the same as mine or any of the women I know.  Pretty much every woman I know gives out about the lack of pockets in certain types of clothing, and they will only cave to fashion of that sort if it’s a workplace uniform. Otherwise if they choose to wear something without pockets there’s this mad invention called a handbag which means they don’t have to depend on a man to mind their belongings. 
heck the way Irish women hand over something to their partner to mind for them is purely to place a virtual leash on him so he doesn’t disappear without warning.

• Like 5

On 5/4/2023 at 9:58 AM, ziggyuk said:

Do NCL do those type of cruises
The pouch for the key card dare I ask :classic_blush:

Not so far on NCL; however, they used to have a clothing optional sundeck, but I assume they had too many complaints and closed it.  Carnival has a lot of practice with the nude cruises, they would be hard to beat. Also, many of the ports we go to are exclusive to our group when we go and one can be nude at the port as well.  It would be very hard for another Cruise Line to get up to speed. Actually, Virgin Voyages approached the tour operator, but they couldn't provide the nude ports. Still, I would love to see a nude cruise on Virgin Voyages. 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 7:21 PM, RocketMan275 said:

Even on a nude cruise you hardly see men carry any sort of bag. The women do, very often, and they usually carry their husband's stuff also. I remember one guy you had a fanny pack or what ever you call it; though this was just for his pipe and tobacco.  I have been on 19 nude cruises.

On 5/4/2023 at 9:58 AM, ziggyuk said:

Do NCL do those type of cruises
The pouch for the key card dare I ask :classic_blush:

Well, I spoke too soon! Bare Necessities Tour and Travel just announced the very first nude cruise on NCL!! It is still too early to book, but: Click on the Roll Call below to see more.

Edited by nudistcruzer
  • Like 1

On 5/3/2023 at 6:49 AM, ziggyuk said:

We use these lanyard grippers, they are brilliant, and if you position it away from the magnetic strip they can swipe without removing it.
https://www.amazon.com/Gripper-Holder-Plastic-Standard-Thickness/dp/B0B4VP78PV/?th=1

61U5HJFb+WL._AC_SL1280_.jpg

Sorry for replying late.

I use these as well although I find that the card is a little too thin for a good grip.  I use a small piece of thick sticky plastic under the grip and it hangs on much better.