For those of you who ever stayed in an Owners Suite...

myangel

Was it worth the money ? I booked an Owners Suite on the Navigator for December 16-23 for $6509 total with a $250 shipboard credit for the 4 of us.We only can go on one big vacation a year. Is it worth it? Thanks for your opinions!

I know someone that thinks it's worth it. They too only take 1 big vacation a year. Once I was fortunate enough to cruise with them (I was balcony steerage) and they had the Royal Suite on the Mariner. It was incredible! You will have a great experience I'm sure.:)

I think a OS is well worth the money but my story is a little different.

I was one of the lucky people who was fortunate to take advantage of a pier upgrade and went from a D1 to an OS for $400.00 extra for the room.

Under this circumstance it was money well spent. Had tons of extras including the conceirge room which was worth the extra $'s itself.

However, the only drawback is that everytime you cruise you will want the OS or higher. After we had the OS we went for the RS on the Mariner and that was a big dissapointment.

My only advice would be make sure RCCL indicates what perks come with the stateroom. Lots of things have changed and lots of perks are gone.

I am sure you will enjoy the OS. Having a bigger room is worth it.

Hope you enjoy your cruise and OS.

Was it worth the money ? I booked an Owners Suite on the Navigator for December 16-23 for $6509 total with a $250 shipboard credit for the 4 of us.We only can go on one big vacation a year. Is it worth it? Thanks for your opinions!

We were upgraded this past Sept on the Explorer from a GS to an OS.:) There was lotsa room everywhere......my DW is spoiled now!!! The big screen/Bose surround sound was nice too. If you care to see pictures I can email some.

We would go for it again

Dan

I agree with BlueIce. My OS and RS experiences have mostly been courtesy of RCI or the result of low priced pier upgrades, and for that, they are more than worth it.

This is a tough post to answer, because the value of a cabin at Xmas is very subjective and your options are probably a bit limited, but I would say no, it's not worth it. The room will be lovely and you'll have a great time, but if you book that same cabin in late jan or feb, I'm sure it'd be much more reasonably priced and get more bang for your buck.

Me to my wife and I also had a upgrade to the owners suite on the Adventure, there were 2 of us and plenty of room, only drawback we only slept and changed clothes there , we are the type of people that don't stay in the room, I would never pay full price but if a upgrade is available i would take one, and don't forget to tip you Steward a little more, they expect it.

Me to my wife and I also had a upgrade to the owners suite on the Adventure, there were 2 of us and plenty of room, only drawback we only slept and changed clothes there , we are the type of people that don't stay in the room, I would never pay full price but if a upgrade is available i would take one, and don't forget to tip you Steward a little more, they expect it.

Good point. Suite attendant now actually have a higher tip recommendation that stroom attendants.

We got a great deal on a repositioning cruise from Quebec to Fort Lauderdale in an OS last fall. Because there were lots of sea days and because there was a lot of scenic cruising I loved the OS. But for a port intensive Caribbean cruise, I don't think it would be worth it. And now that we are Diamond members, the concierge lounge perk is available to us no matter what cabin we choose. But if you aren't Diamond, have a couple cruising/relaxing days I would go for it. I think I would definitely book at least a GS if not an OS for Alaska too...

Thanks for all your responses! We only have time for one vacation a year, and it has to be during Christmas break, so we have to go during peak time. My motto is you only live once....lol. I would love to see pictures as well. We have it boked, NOS cabin #1328. We are going to enjoy it! ALso, if anyone know, can you hook up your laptop from your cabin? I know if you can there must be a fee, but has anyone been able to do this?

For us it was worth it. We DO spend time in our room and on the balcony. Because of our daughters' sports commitments, we cruise only rarely so we just go for it on the few occasions that we get 7 or 8 days in a row of time off.

It's a lovely suite and we enjoyed every square inch of it and every precious moment spent there.

We were upgrade from a JS to an OS on the Splendour 3 weeks ago. 2 couples crusing together so it was nice to have the extra room.

A suite is nice but not a deal breaker for us, if not having a suite made the difference of not getting to cruise we would sleep in a broom closet if we had to!

We were upgrade from a JS to an OS on the Splendour 3 weeks ago. 2 couples crusing together so it was nice to have the extra room.

A suite is nice but not a deal breaker for us, if not having a suite made the difference of not getting to cruise we would sleep in a broom closet if we had to!

We;re on SOS in 2 1/2 weeks. We have an aft JS on deck 8. What was the cost of your upgrade from JS to OS?

For those of you who have upgraded at a reasonable cost, (this might sound simplistic), how were you able to do this? We cruise three times a year and have not had the opportunity (that we knew of) to upgrade. Would really appreciate information on this. :D

For those of you who have upgraded at a reasonable cost, (this might sound simplistic), how were you able to do this? We cruise three times a year and have not had the opportunity (that we knew of) to upgrade. Would really appreciate information on this. :D

Loucat,

when we were booked on the Sept 4th sailing of the Explorer, we had originally booked a JS. I checked pricing relentlessly to watch for a price drop which happened somewhere about 60 days out on that cruise....not long after our final payment was made.....The price drop difference to move to the GS was somewhere around $300 per person difference than what I originally had booked at on the JS

When I saw the "online price drop" I called my TA and asked him to find out about the price drop and a possibility of a credit or move up to the GS. He called RCCL and then called me while he had RCCL on the phone and said that we could have a room credit or move up to the GS for $300 total (NOT per person).....we jumped on that TO MOVE TO THE GS!!

When we checked in, we did not know that we got bumped up to the OS until we went to the original GS we chose and someone else opened the door.....we went ******* down to the Pursers Desk where we were informed about being moved up to the OS....it was funny afterwards

I would believe that upgrading at a reasonable cost will most likely have to do with the time of the year.....slower time versus the busy season

Dan

hey don't feel bad!! I happy for ya. :p How did it come about? did you ask about upgrades available, or were you guaranteed?

Neither, we booked a specific JS and did not ask. Same thing happened last year on the Monarch, we booked a JS and got free upgrade to GS without doing anything.

We had an OS (1320) on Mariner last April! Was wonderful in every way. We had sail away in our suite and our attendant couldn't do enough for us. All we had to do was pick up the phone and they were right there. Concierge was incredible too. Can't remember her name right now but she was always helpful and pleasant. Drinks every night before dinner in the lounge with hot and cold appetizers. 24 hr. cappuccino was a real plus for me. We enjoyed the room so much but have booked a GS for the Panama Canal because on Brilliance the balcony is actually bigger on the GS than the OS!? Go figure. I say enjoy your choice but don't get so spoiled that you won't cruise again without it! We would take a D1 if it was the only way to cruise. (I won't go without a balcony...claustrophobic!) Let us know what you think. Party for all of us.

Thanks for the information Dan. It seems like you really tracked what was happening prior to the cruise. Nice lesson for us! For so many of you, it seems like you have better luck. On every one of our cruises, the ship has been sold out so no upgrade possibilities. Can't sail in summer, as living in South Florida, we are ALWAYS on the alert for hurricanes.

Thanks again for the information. :D

Thanks for all your responses! We only have time for one vacation a year, and it has to be during Christmas break, so we have to go during peak time. My motto is you only live once....lol. I would love to see pictures as well. We have it boked, NOS cabin #1328. We are going to enjoy it! ALso, if anyone know, can you hook up your laptop from your cabin? I know if you can there must be a fee, but has anyone been able to do this?

Here is a link to Owners Suite pics on the Voyager Class ships. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, find your ship and view the pics.

http://www.romain-moisescot.com/voyagerclass/onboard/photos/cabins/a/a.html

Also, yes you can hook up your laptop in your suite. I believe the cost is $100 for the week.

Enjoy your cruise.

Archived