Roatan boat snorkel or beach snorkel, which is better

Yakker1749

There is a similar post in the Roatan excursion thread, but it got side tracked and never answered the question of which is better or are they both the same.  Looking at doing a 3 location boat snorkel trip or do an AI at Infinity Bay and snorkel from the beach.  In good shape and can swim, read on here the preserve is close to Infinity Bay and you can swim there.  

Any insight and opinion would be appreciated.

Thanks

So after my internet searches I ended up booking Infinity Bay AI for the day as opposed to a 3 stop snorkel.  Based on what I saw the snorkeling in front of IB is impressive and there is "path" to the drop off that's not too far away.  I booked through Discover Roatan, which says it provides private transportation, which I'm sure that will include others from our ship or another one docked there at the time we are there.  Not worried about that part.

Let me know if there's anything else that would be beneficial to know.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/8/2022 at 2:19 PM, Yakker1749 said:

There are locals who will ask if you want a tour and they'll do it for tips.  I have been to Tabayana beach (just next to Infinity Bay) many times.  This past visit, I did a tour with a local  It was awesome.  He took us to places I would not have gone to by myself because he knew his way around the reef and how to get around without the shallow parts of the reef.  We were all the way to the left of Infinity bay (facing the water) where the rocks come out of the water.

• 8 months later...
On 4/8/2022 at 2:19 PM, Yakker1749 said:

So after my internet searches I ended up booking Infinity Bay AI for the day as opposed to a 3 stop snorkel.  Based on what I saw the snorkeling in front of IB is impressive and there is "path" to the drop off that's not too far away.  I booked through Discover Roatan, which says it provides private transportation, which I'm sure that will include others from our ship or another one docked there at the time we are there.  Not worried about that part.

Did you already take your tour? What did you think?