Hotel in Seattle Before Cruise on May 29th

ljsunshine

• 1 month later...

First of all, I don't have any info on hotels in Seattle as I live south of Seattle and never have any reason to stay at a hotel there.  When you check in to your hotel, unless you particularly want to use an Uber or a cab or some other means of transportation, I would suggest that you contact Seattle Express to take you from your hotel to Pier 91. My wife and I check-in passengers at the DoubleTree Hotel right at the SeaTac airport and get them transported to Pier 91 for Princess so I'm not very knowledgeable about the location of downtown hotels and their proximity to sightseeing places in that area. I'm checking on what the actual cost is for Seattle Express is from your hotel to the pier so I may have to leave you another message with that info if they don't get back to me before I finish.

One suggestion I will make however is that if when you get back from your cruise, you are leaving that same day for home on a flight that when you get onboard the Discovery you stop by the Passenger Services desk (I believe it's on Deck 5 or 6) and tell them that you would like some information on the Port Valet program. They will explain it to you and provide you with a form to fill out. I'll give you a brief description here. First of all, it is a completely free (yes, there are some truly free things around!) program that is provided by the Port of Seattle. What they will do is, the porters on the ship will pick up your bags on the ship the night before you arrive back in Seattle and separate them from the non-Port Valet bags. They will then upon arrival back at Pier 91 on Sunday, the bags will be loaded on a truck and transported to SeaTac Airport and loaded onto your flight. After the bags are picked up from your stateroom on the ship, the next time you will see your bags will be at your destination airport!  This is really nice because when you debark the ship you will not have to go down into the luggage hall, hunt down your bags and then take them to the airport and check them in. All of that will have already been done for you. This is especially nice if you have a long wait before your flight takes off as you will only have your carry-ons to handle. Any bag fees that will be charged by your airline will have already been charged to your on-ship account and you will have been provided with the final statement and will have seen that the night before. 

If either of you have military service of 2 years or more (or 6 mos. in a combat zone) and an honorable discharge, you will, hopefully, been told of Princess' Veterans' Benefit and received the refundable On Board Credit. If there is anything left of that credit you will receive a check for the remaining balance about 6-8 weeks after the cruise.  It will also be linked to your Captains' Circle number and will be automatically be given on all future cruises. So, if you go through a travel agent in the future, make sure that he/she includes your CC number in your reservation! You can see more information on this on the Princess website at the bottom left-hand corner of the page where it says:

Cruise Deals

Okay, there's more info than you ever expected and none of which you asked for! <G>  Seattle Express hasn't gotten back to me yet, so I'll send that info when I get it.

Any questions, let me know.

Tom

On 4/7/2022 at 9:36 AM, ljsunshine said:

Staying at the Seattle Marriott Waterfront, anyone else stayed there?  Your thoughts such as nice hotel, close to attraction such as Pike's Market, Needle, etc.

Seattle Express finally got back to me and here is what the lady said when I asked about cost of getting from your hotel to Pier 91. "Unfortunately, We do not provide service from this hotel to the pier. With this hotel so close to the pier, the most cost effective way is Uber/Taxi or Lyft."

Hope this helps you a bit. Today was a beautiful day in Seattle with not a bit of rain and lots of sunshine. Hope that it's the same for you next Sat/Sun!

Tom