Any issues with DV4 room 4059

Spurlady

Our scheduled room is over the lifeboat area and I am concerned about two things: one is possible noise from the lifeboat area, and two, is the view impeded at all?   I have searched in the forum and not found this exact room.  This board has been extremely helpful to read, thank you.

Edited by Spurlady
Typo

We use cabin 4058 on the port side, which is also above a lifeboat. Prior to tender operations, you hear the crew preparing the boats for launching, but we were already up and getting ready for breakfast.

Since the boats must be capable of launching without power, they have an accumulator, which is topped up periodically by an electric motor. You can hear this kick in, but it isn't obtrusive and most pax would have no idea what it was.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2022 at 7:27 PM, Heidi13 said:

We use cabin 4058 on the port side, which is also above a lifeboat. Prior to tender operations, you hear the crew preparing the boats for launching, but we were already up and getting ready for breakfast.

Since the boats must be capable of launching without power, they have an accumulator, which is topped up periodically by an electric motor. You can hear this kick in, but it isn't obtrusive and most pax would have no idea what it was.

I have 4059 next month.

Can you see straight down to the ocean?

1 hour ago, travelbug11 said:

I have 4059 next month.

Travel bug 11, please post pictures from your room after your trip.  Thanks 

I also appreciate the other assurances.

2 hours ago, travelbug11 said:

I have 4059 next month.

Yes, we had completely unobstructed views of the ocean.

The boats are stowed on Deck 3, so you are a deck above the boats. If you look directly down from the cabin's balcony, you see the top of the boat, which is a little proud of the ship's parallel body. It does not obstruct the view, as I watched a number of pilots boarding on the port side.

We already have 4 months in this cabin aboard Viking Sun and have booked another 6 months in the same cabin aboard Viking Neptune.

• Thanks 1

On 4/9/2022 at 8:43 PM, Spurlady said:

Our scheduled room is over the lifeboat area and I am concerned about two things: one is possible noise from the lifeboat area, and two, is the view impeded at all?   I have searched in the forum and not found this exact room.  This board has been extremely helpful to read, thank you.

Had 4055.  Nice location, no issues

Edited by FetaCheese
Edit