Carnival Laundry Bags

jmu82

8 hours ago, csoud68 said:

Never used the service because i just dont see how they wont mess up..

We've sent out our laundry on every cruise and had only one mishap- they lost one pair of underwear. Of course we don't send out anything that is delicate or not easily replaced but they have a system in place that does work (and of course any human system is going to "mess up" at some point).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We're back from our cruise.  Just thought I'd follow up on the topic I started.

Having free laundry (first cruise with Platinum status, so I got the laundry perk) was great!

I used many of the tips you all gave me.  I'm posting pictures so that
those of you that haven't had your laundry done by the ship can get a better idea of the bag size (these are bags on Carnival Spirit).  The 1st picture is of how  my first bag looked after it was filled it with dirty laundry.  The 2nd picture is of the two smaller bags I received back (all nicely folded inside the bags).  And the 3rd picture shows I received 3 bags(really 2.5 bags as third bag wasn't that full) back after another load (I was getting good at rolling our clothes and stuffing more in the bag).IMG_3182-1.thumb.JPG.fb04d52d22a619b35b715bd685e22a14.JPGIMG_3192-1.thumb.JPG.6046d19f1df594f3e12a9685049b1683.JPGIMG_3301.thumb.JPG.21b41bf044dce2ea44d839607eb0f123.JPG

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Buckimion said:

For those of us that are not plat/diamond, but still want to use the bag load deal, where do we get the bags?

Your room steward can provide them.  Also, here are usually 1 or two in one of the drawers when you check in.

• Like 1

To maximize space I agree with a poster above that the rolling method works best. I roll all my shirts, shorts, and pants into tight logs and then stack them carefully in the bag. I use socks / 'unmentionables' to fill in small gaps :-P. We still leave a couple of empty inches on top of the bag and lay the completed form on top. Halfway though filling, you can also gently pick up and 'tamp' down the bag by dropping it a couple inches onto the table - this often gives us a couple extra items' worth without ripping the bag or making it too tight. Sounds like a lot of work but the whole thing takes us less than five minutes now - last thing at night or first thing in the morning. 

3 hours ago, Buckimion said:

For those of us that are not plat/diamond, but still want to use the bag load deal, where do we get the bags?

the bags are in the thin top drawer, and there's usually only one - two tops. When we meet our steward we always politely inform them that we love our complimentary laundry and ask them to drop off a few extra bags and forms at their convenience. For a 7 night cruise we usually do three bags, occasionally four depending on our cruise pre-gaming. 

I did pack the laundry bag pretty good, but not that good!  Our cabin number was 1142--not a count of 42 items (probably about half that much).  

And for those of you that want to do laundry without the free perk, there are washers and dryers on the ships (although not sure about the newer ships...may want to verify that with any ship you are going on).  It's pricey to have them do your laundry if you aren't Platinum or Diamond!

9 hours ago, jmu82 said:

And for those of you that want to do laundry without the free perk, there are washers and dryers on the ships (although not sure about the newer ships...may want to verify that with any ship you are going on).  It's pricey to have them do your laundry if you aren't Platinum or Diamond!

Unfortunately, I'm in a wheelchair and none of the laundry rooms I have found yet are wheelchair accessible. I've usually gotten away with hand washing on a 5-day cruise, but we have a 10 day to Alaska coming up and I see us doing laundry a couple of times.

17 hours ago, jmu82 said:

I did pack the laundry bag pretty good, but not that good!  Our cabin number was 1142--not a count of 42 items (probably about half that much).  

Ah, I was going by the "22 pcs" that was written on each bag, didn't realize it was the total for the two bags. By the time you pay for the washing, drying, and laundry soap (unless you bring your own) you are pretty close to the $15 the bag costs to do. Factor in the convenience of not having to go and switch the laundry and otherwise babysit it and it is well worth it.

• Like 1