SV Cabin on Beyond

Shaden1982

I realize no one has sailed yet, but maybe someone that sailed on another Edge class has an opinion? 

Looking to book a SV on Beyond and right now all that is available is Deck 7 above Eden and Deck 12 below Ocean Cafe.  

Wondering if anyone has experienced any issues in an SV cabin on either of these decks due to noise or any other issue?

Thanks so much!

You would be under the outdoor area of Oceanview. You may hear some chairs shuffling early in the morning but that would be the worst of the noise. The deck 7 SV's are different from Apex and Edge. They are fully and covered which may provide more shade and little more privacy opposed to decks 8 to 12.

3 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

You would be under the outdoor area of Oceanview. You may hear some chairs shuffling early in the morning but that would be the worst of the noise. The deck 7 SV's are different from Apex and Edge. They are fully and covered which may provide more shade and little more privacy opposed to decks 8 to 12.

Thank you for your input.  Deck 7 - completely covered?  So, we wouldn't get any sun at all?  Do you know if Deck 12 has any covering so it's partially sun and partially covered?  

4 minutes ago, Shaden1982 said:

Thank you for your input.  Deck 7 - completely covered?  So, we wouldn't get any sun at all?  Do you know if Deck 12 has any covering so it's partially sun and partially covered?  

Deck 12 looks to be identical to Apex and Edge. 

Deck 7 doesn't have the slanted railing and Deck 8 above extends over the length of the Deck 7 balcony.

278175786_554803629534668_9092764075031544829_n.jpg

278292588_554813529533678_6198378700691034136_n.jpg

52 minutes ago, Shaden1982 said:

I realize no one has sailed yet, but maybe someone that sailed on another Edge class has an opinion? 

Looking to book a SV on Beyond and right now all that is available is Deck 7 above Eden and Deck 12 below Ocean Cafe.  

Wondering if anyone has experienced any issues in an SV cabin on either of these decks due to noise or any other issue?

Thanks so much!

Well, here goes…we are on the Edge right now. Purposely booked 7315 after researching because the verandah and stateroom are a bit wider. Arrived on Sunday to our balcony door laying on the verandah and maintenance unable to fix it due to no parts. So we were moved to deck 12. The scraping chairs from the OV Cafe at 5:00 am are very loud. I’m assuming they are cleaning and setting up for breakfast. Not entirely thrilled to lose the stateroom we booked 10 months in advance and really not thrilled with the noise from deck 14. 

4 minutes ago, Talex831 said:

Well, here goes…we are on the Edge right now. Purposely booked 7315 after researching because the verandah and stateroom are a bit wider. Arrived on Sunday to our balcony door laying on the verandah and maintenance unable to fix it due to no parts. So we were moved to deck 12. The scraping chairs from the OV Cafe at 5:00 am are very loud. I’m assuming they are cleaning and setting up for breakfast. Not entirely thrilled to lose the stateroom we booked 10 months in advance and really not thrilled with the noise from deck 14. 

I am sorry that you were moved to deck 12.  I had a suite on S class, deck 12, and would never book that again.  The scrapping noises made a great cruise experience not so great.  I understand your noise issue.  

Thank you all so much for your input.  I'm really hoping something opens up on Decks 8-11.

I've read other reviews and I know everyone has a different experience...some say the noise is bad on 12 others say they didn't hear anything.  Cabin location is so hard to choose.  

• Like 1