Booking epicurean before sailing.

keithhutch

Hi ,have I dropped a clanger by booking the epicurean restaurant from home.we are going 23rd April and have previously read where people have booked the first or second night half price.?

I paid £22 before 7-5% comes off which is fine but I’ve paid on my credit card so it obviously won’t come off our cruise credit…..should I have waited till onboard..lastly have the prices come down for extra charge restaurant as the epicurean afternoon tea was only £14.00.. thanks in advance.

• Like 1

There are often special offers for Epicurean for the first night (usually eating before a particular time) but they're not guaranteed.  It depends on how many bookings there are.  Could be free wine, could be a price reduction.

I'm not sure whether you can cancel advance bookings, or whether you'd want to, but you do have a guaranteed table and if it's well booked there will be no discounts.

4 hours ago, keithhutch said:

Hi ,have I dropped a clanger by booking the epicurean restaurant from home.we are going 23rd April and have previously read where people have booked the first or second night half price.?

I paid £22 before 7-5% comes off which is fine but I’ve paid on my credit card so it obviously won’t come off our cruise credit…..should I have waited till onboard..lastly have the prices come down for extra charge restaurant as the epicurean afternoon tea was only £14.00.. thanks in advance.

We got the Epicurean half price deal on Iona in September but in March there was no deals on our 14 night cruise.

On board Epicurean was £28pp but I booked Pauline's birthday meal pre cruise for £22pp less 7.5% loyalty discount.

Edited by grapau27

Just a heads up, We are on Iona now and I pre booked before we went for the special Norwegian night, however when we logged onto the app once boarded it had somehow been cancelled along with our sindu booking. When I spotted this I went straight to the restaurant and raised what had happened and I was told basically that night that I had booked was full so there was nothing they could do, which was very disappointing. We had to settle for another night with the normal menu. 
so check your pre-booked reservations asap, oh and the cherry on the top, they recharged me again even though I prepaid which was soon sorted with a visit to reception. 

• Like 1

Mixed on this. Didn’t think it was worth the extra £28 at all. I had the t bone pork and it wasn’t nice. Left half of it as was very chewy. My cousin had the steak which was no better then the one the night before in the coral. Both our wife’s and sister in law loved it though. 

6 minutes ago, newbie cruissy said:

Does that include wine? And if not, do they serve "drinks package wine"? 

No wine, but I’d put Epicurean on a par with many Michelin starred restaurants. I’m afraid I’ve never had a drinks package, but the wines aren’t overpriced.

• Like 1