Final payment regarding NCL air

ddlb

I booked a cruise for September that includes airfare and transfers with NCL. If something were to happen and my NCL flight got cancelled by the airline would I be able to get full reimbursement for the cruise I wouldn’t be able to make?  With all the current flight delays and issues it’s a concern to me and I am not sure what the procedures are with NCL regarding this.  I have not made final payment yet. Also is NCL allowed to remove a flight anytime before the cruise?  If so could I get a refund since I wouldn’t be able to find another flight?

• Like 1

When you use their airfare, they don't actually book your tickets until 45 or so days out. We have a cruise in July, still no idea what flights they will pick.

I don't believe they have the right to say "gotcha" and not get you any tickets. Although you have until 75 days before (or once it's ticketed) to decide to remove the airfare option if you happen to find a great flight deal on your own I do believe. 

With delays/etc. They seem to try and give some buffer so they can move you to alternate flights as needed and have a flight emergency line to figure stuff out on the fly. My understanding is they will try to connect you to the sailing somehow even if a day late.

What we did (super easy to add) is requested a 1 day deviation. So they are flying us in 1 day early. We got our own hotel for that one night. NCL actually gives you $25 for flying in that day early. We get extra time in Barcelona, breathing room, and a $25 thank you. Was easily worth  the hotel cost.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If your flight is cancelled last minute, you would probably have to go through insurance, then NCL if they cancel your reservation because they can't get you to the ship.  You'd have to call the emergency number and see what they can do.  If it's cancelled ahead of time, they should be able to find something else.

In the past I've taken the risk and flown in the day of - but with all the cancellations, I've opted for a 1-day deviation as well, for my overseas flights anyway, so I have some breathing room.  I'm booked near the airport (travelling solo and not overly adventurous in unfamiliar places) where there is an airport shuttle and return to the airport to catch the shuttle to the port the next day.

What happened to me was the flight I booked  myself was the day before an MSC Cruise and  was cancelled due to weather and there were no flights available from any airlines until two days later. So I had to rent a car and drive to Port Canaveral.  So In the event a booked flight with NCL could not provide me with a flight in these circumstances am I correct in saying they would give me a refund? (The cruise is only 5 days) I never get insurance. Does anyone know if there’s any documentation I can read regarding NCL booked flights?

2 hours ago, ddlb said:

What happened to me was the flight I booked  myself was the day before an MSC Cruise and  was cancelled due to weather and there were no flights available from any airlines until two days later. So I had to rent a car and drive to Port Canaveral.  So In the event a booked flight with NCL could not provide me with a flight in these circumstances am I correct in saying they would give me a refund? (The cruise is only 5 days) I never get insurance. Does anyone know if there’s any documentation I can read regarding NCL booked flights?

Here is a good place to start.  I am sure the air department would be able answer your questions.  https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/airsea

I just called the NCL air number because I have not received my flight information and we are 45 days out from sailing. They said that currently they are booking flights closer to the 30 day out mark. I also opted for that one day deviation because we’re flying from the East Coast to Honolulu and I didn’t want to risk it. That $25 per person was also a nice little thank you for sure. 

I've heard that 30 day thing a couple times. I sure hope they get some special pricing on flights. I check from time to time the cost of airfare to see if I want to drop the cruise air and book my own. The cost for flights to Europe only seems to be going up and we are still 70 days out. I can only imagine closer to 30 the going rate would be sky high.