Beach Comparison

takevtr1

Hi All,

Having trouble deciding between Long Bay Beach East End Beef Island and Cane Garden Beach.

Will be on the Breakaway arriving in May. I am pretty certain we are the only ship in port that day. I know the ship usually takes people to Cane Garden, but really how crowded can it be? I can't imagine everybody goes to the (same) beach. 

I reserved a taxi to take my group to the beach - they suggested Long Bay.

Our requirements are:

Clean Beach

Nice white/clean sand

Restroom facilities

Food/Drink to purchase

Chair/umbrellas to rent

Since we are only in port for a short time, our actual time on the beach will only be about 3 maybe 4 hours long.

Thoughts and suggestions please....

Thanks in advance.

Mitch

I cannot compare the amenities between the two because we’ve not stayed on Tortola since the cruise line(s) started providing excursions to LB, East End. When we were there there was absolutely nothing there except the gorgeous beach…
Other more recent visitors have said they are provided lounges/umbrellas by the cruise line, and the beach may be more developed now. If so it is unfortunate as that was one of the remaining gorgeous beaches we could enjoy in quiet. Do you see an excursion offered through the ship for this? I’m sure someone can give you good feedback on the current situation.

Yes, there will indeed be several 20+ passenger taxis dropping day visitors at CGB. That’s because there are several beach bars/restaurants there along with the other amenities everyone is seeking. Other fellow passengers will be going to VG, Jost, or taking island tours. When w stay in CGB we head to Long Bay (west end) or Smuggler’s Cove to escape the cruise ship crowd. The water can be smooth as glass or very rough depending on conditions that day. Long Bay, Beef was always very calm when we were there…

But hopefully you get more current feedback on LBB to make a decision. I would actually go to Brewers Bay because it is gorgeous with more rustic amenities. Taxi fare on a shared taxi to CGB or Brewers is $8 - $9/pp each way, to Long Bay, Beef probably $14/pp each way unless others are going there then $12/pp.

Thank you very much for the detailed information.

I am hoping some comments to my post will sway me one way or the other.

For me personally, I'm leaning towards GCB since like you said, there are a lot of amenities etc which is what I am looking for. But, the rest of my group is looking for less crowds and just getting on the best beach possible.

I will wait and see if others respond that may have been to both beaches recently and give their thoughts.

Thanks Blue-Water - appreciate all your input.