Group Live Ruby Princess 4/16-4/30

CineGraphic

On 5/2/2022 at 9:55 AM, grak said:

Any reports of covid on the last  week of this cruise?

There were cases on board but they would not say how many.  

I was kind of surprised they didn't test everyone again on board since we were going to Canada.  But Canada has relaxed their protocols.

16 hours ago, capriccio said:

Plus cabins are being used to quarantine new crew.  On our January cruise our servers told us each new crew member was quarantined for 10 days IIRC in a balcony cabin.  Many had never seen one before much less had an entire cabin to themselves.

I'm not sure how accurate that is now.

We had new crew join the ship in Seattle.

Later that night, our cocktail waiter mentioned to us that he had just joined the ship that day, and had no idea if it was Sunday, Monday or Tuesday, having flown from the Philippines to Japan, then to SF or LA, and then to Seattle where they only slept for a few hours in a hotel before boarding the ship.

We (4 of us) were on board 4/23-4/30 and did not get Covid or even a cold.   We did wear our masks most of the time.   But being it was a cold and somewhat rainy cruise it was difficult to social distance as everyone was inside a lot of the time.    I think the shortage of crew contributed to the long lines for dining and also the the fact that the medallion app was not working properly for crew and passengers.

Only two of our four could use the app at all and the internet was achingly slow.  

We had tours cancelled in Astoria and Seattle which was disappointing and the tour in Victoria to Butchart Gardens and the Butterflies was very short and rushed.

I would encourage future guests to get a Covid booster at least two weeks before cruising. jmho 🙂

Edited by JJ2sail

Agreed. Definitely worth getting a booster. I went to USA at Christmas (none cruise), and I had the booster back end of November. Day after Christmas day we all got covid, and spent the recommended time in the hotel in quarantine. I think the booster really helped as I was fine after day 2, likewise with the youngest who had just had her second jab at the same time as me. 

App, we also found it slow when in port, no so much when out to sea. The San Diego night tour was cancelled for us, but the view at night of the shoreline did make up for that when we looked out from deck 15.