Expensive cruises now, promotions like Kids Sail Free?

On 4/16/2022 at 3:36 PM, Ashland said:

I thought RCI can still do price adjustments even if a category is showing sold out.

I just had a price adjustment done after final payment, the category of cabin we had booked is totally sold out. They gave me the money returned to my CC, and for some odd reason, the youngest person in the room got a FCC. It is all fine. I was just happy to get compensation. 

Prices change with supply and demand. More cabins are sold within a category and prices go up. Less sold and they drop. The goal is to book as many as possible. 

When a cabin is booked and then some time passes and the same cabin is way more, chances are the ship is filling up. When the cost drops, they need to sell more cabins to fill the ship. 

It really isn't a secret to charge more. 

Just like the black out dates. They are dates for sailings the cruise lines know they can sell so they do not need to offer deals to fill the ships. I like using the KSF deals and booking when not a ton of kids will be on the ship. Mine get a better quality cruise with more time to interact with other kids and the counselors in Adventure Ocean. There doesn't seem to be the vast numbers of kids running free, and mine come away with a  bunch of great memories, of fun things done in the different ports and on ship.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, traceytd said:

Where and how did you find this. It’s great 👍 

momatsea is a chat that has all sorts of travel stuff. Someone must follow her.

Being inCanadaa, do you have the same sales as the US market does? I know I have had some issues in thepastt making plans for a cruise with friends from PEI. 

31 minutes ago, sandy toes said:

momatsea is a chat that has all sorts of travel stuff. Someone must follow her.

Being inCanadaa, do you have the same sales as the US market does? I know I have had some issues in thepastt making plans for a cruise with friends from PEI. 

I never really noticed from US to Canadian. I alway check both and book the best price. 
😎

54 minutes ago, traceytd said:

I never really noticed from US to Canadian. I alway check both and book the best price. 
😎

Not really sure what the issue is, they are on holiday now or I would just ask😉, but know we had to book here while they booked there. They have had better deals and more costly deals, just depends on the cruise. 

• Like 1