Hiking tour in PV

pppiglet

We really liked this although it is very gruelling going uphill in spots.(we were soaked!) Also I recommend taking water shoes for crossing the little river. We didn't and the rocks kill your feet or you have to get your shoes wet if you don't want your feet to hurt! The guide stops ever once in awhile to tell you about the plants and trees and take pictures and get your breath!

day4pic050.jpg

day4pic058.jpg

day4pic060.jpg

day4pic081.jpg

Make sure you take extra water. They give you one for free!

I hope your boys have tough feet then! We were "ouch, oh, Ouch,eww" all the way across the water and we had to do it twice. You basically walk through a very small town, stop in a tortilla factory, walk up into the mountains, the guide tells you about the plants, and you've burned off at least the last 2 days of food you ate on the ship! Tell them to take extra water. They will also stop at some springs and they can get wet there, so they might want to wear swim shorts also. There is one flat spot where you will have a bathroom break and can buy a coke or water. The horses and ATV's stopped here too. If you go to the carnival pride forum, I have a link to my album that has more pictures of the excursion. (Day4 pics)

It was thru the carnival Pride called "expert hiking tour". We drove about 20mins to a ranch that a lot of the tours started at, but I don't remember what it was called. The Dune buggies and Horseback started here too.

It was probably Rancho Capomo, it's about 10-15 miles outside of PTO. I've been to PTO twice & went horseback riding each time to a waterfall - about an hour's horse ride away. They also do ATV excursions & a hike.

If anyone is interested in an unguided hiking tour while in PV, going from Boca de Tomatlan (1/2 hour city bus ride south of PV) to Los Animas beach, I would be happy to provide detailed directions and a map. Great hike, fairly vigorous, we do it every year, takes about 1 hour one way. We usually take a water taxi back to Boca, after enjoying a vist from the Pie Lady and a beverage or two on Los Animas.

Archived