Comparison: Princess vs Carnival

HMSDingy

As it has been said....many, many times, I will say it again....Asking others to compare cruise lines, is very subjective. Just like asking someone if they liked the food (any where on any ship) It all depends on what you like, what is important to you, (yes to some people, the decor is very important) However, I will tell you my "subjective" opinion for me....

My DH and I have cruised 2 times. Once on the Carnival Miracle and once on Princess Golden. We will be cruising on Carnival Liberty this April.

Carnival vs. Princess:

1) Beds are sooooo comfortable on Carnival

Princess Beds REALLY HARD AND UNCOMFORTABLE

2) Decor on Carnival, "in your face and the opposite of class"

Princess, much more elegant

3) Carnival employees, not at all friendly (the majority) and acted as if you were bothering them or just plain stupid when we asked questions since it was our first cruise.

Princess employees were extremely friendly and helpful, and I only found 1, count it, 1 assistant purser that was rude.

4) Carnival coffee is decent and drinkable.

Princess coffee is THE WORST!!!!!

5) Carnival entertainment was not very professional. Bad singers

Princess entertainment was much more professional....incredible singers and dancers. Not to mention the live bands in the lounges were really good

6) Both cruise lines have beautiful desserts but are tasteless. No sugar, I think.

7) Princess excursions were less expensive than Carnivals but drinks on Carnival were less expensive than Princess. (Golden Princess did not have Coronas.....bummer!)

8) Carnival has sea water in their pools......and I understand that they do not use cholrine or other chemicals to keep them clean of bateria.....

Princess has fresh water pools and they are BEAUTIFUL!!!

9) Carnival has 24/7 free icecream

Princess you have to pay for the ice cream

10) Carnival has EXCEPTIONAL PIZZA

Princess pizza was average

11) Carnival's overall treatment of its guest was like being in a Holiday Inn

Princess treatment of its guest was more like being in a good Hilton or Embassy Suites

I think thats everything for now.. To the OP, all of this, some of this or none of this may mean anything to you because you might be looking for other important areas to you that will make your cruise special......

Archived