Car sick on tour?

Maineac

Sorry, I hit the wrong key. We are booked on the Cosol tour.

I have read that the roads in St. Lucia are a bit wicked. We have a child that tends to get car sick....:eek: I was just wondering how bad the roads are.

UP ----- DOWN ----- TWISTY ------ WINDING - THEN START ALL OVER AGAIN ..................ON THE EDGE OF THE ROAD :eek:

Before our tour our guide cautioned us that those prone to car sickness might want a barf bag (provided if that tells you anything).

But the island is drop dead gorgeous so worth the white knuckles.....actually it didnt bother any of us.....

Can you try Bonine ? Not sure how old he is but might help....

You will love your tour with COSOL. We just finished our tour Feb 17th. The wife had to have him stop and sit in the front as she got a little sick. He keeps you well fed along the tour. Try the Sea Sick batch behind the ear you get from the pharmacy before the tour in the morning.

Good luck you will enjoy it.

You will love your tour with COSOL. We just finished our tour Feb 17th. The wife had to have him stop and sit in the front as she got a little sick. He keeps you well fed along the tour. Try the Sea Sick batch behind the ear you get from the pharmacy before the tour in the morning.

Good luck you will enjoy it.

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry, I hit the wrong key. We are booked on the Cosol tour.

I have read that the roads in St. Lucia are a bit wicked. We have a child that tends to get car sick....:eek: I was just wondering how bad the roads are.

If they are prone to car sickness. your gonna have a long ride! i agree the island is beautiful, but, it takes all the fun out of it if someone in your party can't raise there head to look at it! I seriously reccommend you doing a combo boat land tour. the boat will get you to soferierie where most of the tour sites are at. without the neck breaking backroads!

Lil Nemo,

I just read your post on RCI's board...We are also On the Serenade next week.:) It sounds like you had a great time. We are out of our minds with anticipation!

After much consideration we have decided against our road tour.

Not only does my son get car sick I also have trouble if I'm not riding in the front.:eek:

Do you have any suggestions on what to do in St.Lucia?

Thanks for your posts.

Lil Nemo,

I just read your post on RCI's board...We are also On the Serenade next week.:) It sounds like you had a great time. We are out of our minds with anticipation!

After much consideration we have decided against our road tour.

Not only does my son get car sick I also have trouble if I'm not riding in the front.:eek:

Do you have any suggestions on what to do in St.Lucia?

Thanks for your posts.

I don't get car sick but was having some neck disc problems so it was a heck of a ride, but we talked with a couple who went to the dispatchers at the front gate of the port entrance and told them they were looking for a combo sail and land tour, and they were hooked up that day and had a great time and no sickness to worry about!

good luck.

The one surprising thing of this island was the poverty, we drove by where villagers were washing there clothes in a stream. And one of the villages we drove through was very impoverished. something you won't see if you don't leave the city of Castries/port.

The one surprising thing of this island was the poverty, we drove by where villagers were washing there clothes in a stream. And one of the villages we drove through was very impoverished. something you won't see if you don't leave the city of Castries/port.

WE HAVE TRAVELLED ALL OVER THE CARIBBEAN AND MEXICO..... YOU WILL SEE THIS ANYWHERE ONCE OUT OF THE DEVELOPED AREAS....SOMETIMES FURTHER OUT THAN OTHERS..... most people do not venture away from their safety zone and therefore really miss alot in understanding about these beautiful places and their people. Some are more 3rd world than others but each is unique and special.

• 6 months later...

we went on a great van tour...five out of the six of us got sick...it might have had something to do with warm fish bread the driver gave us to taste...regina was out for the day after eatting that bread...the drive was so pretty and interesting....

Archived