How long do you have to give a name for someone in a cabin?

MisterOJ2

So my wife and I have a pretty good offer right now that runs through tomorrow. Ideally, we'd like to book two rooms - one for us and one for our 16-year-old daughter and one of her friends. (On the booking, we plan on having one adult and one teenager in each room.)

However, the one friend my daughter had been wanting to take along hit a snag because her parents are hesitant about getting her vaccinated. We're sort of coming up against the deadline to book and my daughter is unsure which of her other friends she may want to bring along. How long after making the booking do you have to list the names of everyone in the cabin if the booking is made through the website. I know in the past, I've always had to go in and do that after I paid the deposit. And, I've always just done it more or less immediately since I've always known who is going. I'm just wondering how long we can get by with just having "Guest 2" in one of the cabins.

TIA!

1 hour ago, karma459 said:

I've added the guest names at the same time I did check in - and I didn't check in the first day it was available. So, definitely past final payment and at/before check in. 

Thank you. Knowing that is a big help.

7 minutes ago, MisterOJ2 said:

Thank you. Knowing that is a big help.

you may wanna verify directly with carnival.  Keep in mind with the vaccine attestation they can cancel your cruise if it is not completed.  With that requirement the policy may have changed on when your tba must be listed

7 hours ago, babygrljaz said:

you may wanna verify directly with carnival.  Keep in mind with the vaccine attestation they can cancel your cruise if it is not completed.  With that requirement the policy may have changed on when your tba must be listed

I was surprised last month when I was able to complete the vax attestation for my "TBA" companion... sure enough, I was able to do the same thing yesterday for a June cruise.

Being able to leave additional guests as TBA for an extended time hasn't been my experience in the past, but I sure welcome it! Added flexibility is great.