Covid tests for UK passengers

I think we will book Lloyds as well as we have one in our local Sainsburys, we are going from Southampton on the 22nd May. The email came from RCI yesterday it would be helpful if it had UK links. It also says masks in the terminal are required. I don't know if that is UK specific only.

You also have to be fully vaccinated with your last jab no more than 270 days ago, so luckily had our boosters in January.

Another odd one was if you do not have a passport for your country of residency they were asking for proof. I do remember last year when we did the four days to nowhere my Swedish OH had to go and stand in the "naughty" queue.

• Like 1

Current EU guidelines, say two doses of the vaccine are valid 270 days (9 months) as of february 2022. But there is currently no “expiration date” if you have three doses. And EU and UK recognoze eacother for the certificates. So I have interpreted it as the same ”expiry” goes for UK as we have in the EU?

https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-travel-eu/coronavirus-response/safe-covid-19-vaccines-europeans/eu-digital-covid-certificate_en

• Like 1

Yes if you have not had a booster your initial vaccines (2 doses) must be within 270 days of your cruise. However if you’ve had the booster there is no expiration at present. RCI wording on this is pretty poor but all the emails I’ve had from them are clear. Also, if you are vaccinated, no need to complete the EU health forms that Spain, Italy and France have set up because UK are recognised as having a Covid Vaccination Certificate that is ‘equivalent’ to an EU one.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, DiWilliams said:

We have used Testing For All on a number of occasions - their supervised lateral flow tests were accepted for entry into the US and for RC pre-boarding testing requirements. They are a non-profit and have been very reliable and easy to use. Delivery of the kit is usually next day and you book your test video time slot. 

Sorry slightly off topic - was this for a cruise from the US?

we’re travelling on freedom of the seas out of Miami but from the UK and trying to work out if any of the UK based supervised tests are suitable? 
does anyone else have any experience of this?

Hi Juliecruzin,

We recently did a transatlantic out of Miami. In order to enter USA we did an antigen test one day before flight at Lloyd’s pharmacy. Cost £29.99. This was accepted for the flight. We stayed a few days in Miami, so had to get another test to board ship. Others on the cruise used the same test to fly and board, as they flew out the day before the cruise. Just check because some LLoyds don’t do them on Sundays. Hope this helps.

Julie and Les.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Juliecruzin said:

we’re travelling on freedom of the seas out of Miami but from the UK and trying to work out if any of the UK based supervised tests are suitable? 

We have used DocHQ supervised test to both enter the USA and later to board the ship. 

4 hours ago, Juliecruzin said:

I’m on Wonder right now - the Qured video-monitored lateral flow I did in the UK on Monday got me both into the US on Tuesday and on to the ship in Fort Lauderdale yesterday without any issues whatsoever.

1 hour ago, Jules of The Seas said:

Hi Juliecruzin,

We recently did a transatlantic out of Miami. In order to enter USA we did an antigen test one day before flight at Lloyd’s pharmacy. Cost £29.99. This was accepted for the flight. We stayed a few days in Miami, so had to get another test to board ship. Others on the cruise used the same test to fly and board, as they flew out the day before the cruise. Just check because some LLoyds don’t do them on Sundays. Hope this helps.

Julie and Les.

Hi there, we are in the same boat as you - excuse the pun!  flying to Seattle so can get a test in UK but need a test then in the US, where did you get yours done to board the ship?  tia.

1 hour ago, welshrich said:

Hi there, we are in the same boat as you - excuse the pun!  flying to Seattle so can get a test in UK but need a test then in the US, where did you get yours done to board the ship?  tia.

We’re the same. Fly early 2 days before so our test for flying won’t cover for the cruise. We initially thought we’d use the Miami dade free testing but they’ve changed their registration form to remove all countries except USA, Canada and Puerto Rico. Was hoping could take a second uk test and do it on the Sunday morning out there. 
we’re doing our tests for going out with dochq, my concern with the second test is most of the uk ones use flowflex and there seem to be two flowflex - one for uk/eu and one for the US with the FDA not recognising the UK one so wasn’t sure if would run into problems at the port 

On 4/20/2022 at 3:39 PM, dizzythepug said:

Lloyds Pharmacy is doing in-store "Rapid Covid-19 Lateral Flow Tests" for £29.99

This is is done by a pharmacy technician who then provides a certificate within 20 mins.

Is this enough of a “antigen test" that Royal Caribbean will accept?

I would really like to know this as well please as I am very confused.

Hi

We are sailing from Ravenna next month and with the current rules we have to do our test 1 day before the cruise, but we will be in Italy the day before.  So the Lloyd's pharmacy option wouldn't work for us, what options are others going to Italy looking at?  I'm worried about trying to find a pharmacist in Bologna after we arrive on the day before.

Just to say as well, that I am holding out until after 1st May to see if the Ravenna based protocols change.  I'm aware that there will be a further relaxing of restrictions in Italy on that date, so am hoping that at the least we can move from a 1 day to a 2 day pre cruise test rule. ( as Spain currently has).

On DocHq do you purchase one consultation and three certificates for three people travelling? Website says max four per consultation but doesn’t say if you need to have one of each booked per person 

14 hours ago, Garden_Girl said:

Did you find DocHQ easy to do?  I am concerned about the video-linking part working. 

It is very easy to use. I did it yesterday from our hotel room using my iPad. The medic tells you step by step what to do and once the test is done they check you have your certificate before they end the link. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Naunie said:

On DocHq do you purchase one consultation and three certificates for three people travelling? Website says max four per consultation but doesn’t say if you need to have one of each booked per person 

We bought the test with consultation included. You need one for each person. When you make the appointment you pick how many people attending. 

• Like 2

I think this might be our best option ( DocHq).  I started to do a dummy booking last night after reading this thread but couldnt' see when you select a date.

I'm going to hold out to see if there is a relaxation of the 1 day pre cruise rule from Italy after 1st May and then book this option if it doesnt change - just don't want to leave it too late. 

• Like 1