Great time on Samurai Curacao Beach Tour

tmneill

We booked a private tour via Viator with Samurai Curacao, we had an AMAZING TIME!  Tanya was our guide and she did a fantastic job of making sure we got to experience the island, learn about the culture and snorkel to our hearts desire.  I cannot recommend this company enough, it made such an impact and was truly the highlight of our vacation.  Snorkeled with: Sea Turtles, Octopus, more beautiful fish species than I can count but going when it wasn't crowded with the sea turtles was incredible!

Tip - bring a waterproof sleeve and take picts with your cell.  My waterproof camera died and I should have just used one of those sleeves!

• Like 1

Was it the “snorkel with sea turtles” excursion?

Always great to have first hand info on tours that were enjoyed, thank you for this.  We are hopefully going in late December.  Haven’t booked any snorkel excursions yet so this sounds good.  We’ve been several times before to Curacao and snorkeled there and love sea turtles.  

I am so leery snorkeling with my iPhone even in a sleeve.  Our underwater camera is very old now and although still works isn’t “fast”.

14 hours ago, tmneill said:

Snorkeled with: Sea Turtles, Octopus, more beautiful fish species than I can count but going when it wasn't crowded with the sea turtles was incredible!

Sounds like you had a wonderful experience!  Was the snorkeling portion from a boat or beach? If from beach, do you remember the name of the beach?  We were last in Curacao in 2018 but so much has change since then. We'll be there again in October, so any info you can offer is greatly appreciated - TIA 🙂

2 hours ago, OT-Miami said:

Sounds like you had a wonderful experience!  Was the snorkeling portion from a boat or beach? If from beach, do you remember the name of the beach?  We were last in Curacao in 2018 but so much has change since then. We'll be there again in October, so any info you can offer is greatly appreciated - TIA 🙂

We went to Playa Piscado for snorkeling.  It was from the beach, rocky entry but we went when it wasn't as busy and lots of sea turtles!  Saw so many other fish also and an octopus!  You can specify what beaches, we left it to her given our group (13, 16 year old who were newer to snorkeling and us - we had been many times).  We also went to Kokomo beach and enjoyed snorkeling there (no turtles but lots of fish!).  Great beach to kick back and relax on with some beers =).

I remember Playa Piskado, we saw many fish & turtles right from the dock! It was a national holiday in Curaçao the day we visited, so it was very crowded with locals, plus it was one of the few rainy days in Curaçao, so we stayed out of the water. Still took plenty of photos. Good to know it’s still worth a visit. 

A512FD02-D3B2-4CC7-9F3B-7B3CBC1F9512.jpeg

Edited by OT-Miami