O.B.C on trans Pacific Cruise

I have booked  an RCI cruise late 2003 Honolulu / Brisbane  in a balcony cabin with my wife and only got  $25 each  on board credit !!  This seems a bit mean for a  18 night cruise ? I wondered if it was because I gave my crown and anchor number and got the cruise a bit cheaper. I have booked direct with Royal as I  felt I have more control over my booking but it looks like a T.A can offer more bonus  so why cant Royal  when you book.

14 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

I have booked  an RCI cruise late 2003 Honolulu / Brisbane  in a balcony cabin with my wife and only got  $25 each  on board credit !!  This seems a bit mean for a  18 night cruise ? I wondered if it was because I gave my crown and anchor number and got the cruise a bit cheaper. I have booked direct with Royal as I  felt I have more control over my booking but it looks like a T.A can offer more bonus  so why cant Royal  when you book.

That C&A discount can be a trap, you can lose any or most OBC.

Thats why I like to use a good cruise agent, they should pick that up .

There was a cruise I booked which had a $US 1000 OBC and because we applied the C&A discount which was about $AU 450 ,we lost the OBC.
But the agent pick it up ,called me and changed it.

The price match scheme they had is over so I don’t have any suggestions.
Put it down to experience, part of the fun is being ripped off by Royal Caribbean.

29 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

That C&A discount can be a trap, you can lose any or most OBC.

Thats why I like to use a good cruise agent, they should pick that up .

There was a cruise I booked which had a $US 1000 OBC and because we applied the C&A discount which was about $AU 450 ,we lost the OBC.
But the agent pick it up ,called me and changed it.

The price match scheme they had is over so I don’t have any suggestions.
Put it down to experience, part of the fun is being ripped off by Royal Caribbean.

Ha ha, I think your right. Not really bothered just happy to be cruising again. I must admit though in many years of cruising this is the lowest OBC we have ever been offered. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...