Wooden cars for kids

gazingm42

So I volunteer for a non profit organization which we make 1000's of small wood cars (about 2" x 4" x 3") for children each month.  We give them

away around the world to children programs, hospitals, orphanages, etc.  Due to shipping cost we try to get people

to take them with them as they go to foreign lands as they vacation, work, missionary programs, etc.

Do you know if there would be restrictions to placing these in my check on bags to take on the ship.  Then take them to port to give to an organization or

children on the street?  We have ability to receive letters from the organization that these are not for sale and are donations.

Thanks

Dan

There was a gentleman who frequently cruised HAL who collected items (think computers, books, clothes) for donation to a orphanage in Guatemala.

HAL at the time also had a charitable program for the orphanages in Guatemala.

He cruised the HAL itinerary that was a seven day out of Tampa and stopped in Guatemala.

His supplies would fill his van and require cargo space.

HAL worked with him where they included his donations on their cargo manifest and help with the government clearance on both ends.

I know what you are describing does not necessarily involve cargo space in the hold, but you may still wish to start with Carnival and see if similar help would be available to you.

Maybe this would be a place to start:

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/sustainability/community-relation

8 hours ago, gazingm42 said:

So I volunteer for a non profit organization which we make 1000's of small wood cars (about 2" x 4" x 3") for children each month.  We give them

away around the world to children programs, hospitals, orphanages, etc.  Due to shipping cost we try to get people

to take them with them as they go to foreign lands as they vacation, work, missionary programs, etc.

Do you know if there would be restrictions to placing these in my check on bags to take on the ship.  Then take them to port to give to an organization or

children on the street?  We have ability to receive letters from the organization that these are not for sale and are donations.

Thanks

Dan

You should contact a local church or nonprofit at your ports of call.  It is very much discouraged to hand out gifts of any kind to random children in ports since it encourages  kids to skip school (which is very problematic since parents pay for schooling).  However, even kids in port cities will prefer electronic games but will happily pass these off as local crafts.