FCC Question

sungirl10

Does anyone know if you can use leftover FCC for upgrades? I have searched all the FAQ’s and it does not say one way or another?

it looks like I am booking a Bermuda cruise for the end of May using my FCC, I am going solo and when I had booked a balcony originally there was the 200%  solo supplement. The supplement seems to be less and I can either book a balcony and have a few hundred left over which the only think it looks like I can do with the remainder is pre book excursions. Or book a club balcony for about the same amount of my FCC. I was just wondering if I booked the balcony and then could use any leftover for upgrades? 

The club balcony suite just seems like more then I need for myself. 

I had one FCC credit - $250.00.  Something was messed up with our online profiles so NCL said just book and we will correct it.  Now we can’t get a refund and they extended our FCC.  Which I didnt want.  

So my advice is to book what you can using the FCC now.   

What can the Peace of Mind FCC be used for?

The original, full value FCC can be applied and used for the following:

• Voyage Fare
  • NCFs
  • Government Fees and Taxes
  • Pre-paid service charges
  • Beverage or dining gratuities (if part of the Free at Sea promotion selection)
  • Flexible air purchased through Norwegian Cruise Line
  • Hotel purchased through Norwegian Cruise Line
  • Cruise tours purchased through Norwegian Cruise Line
  • Pre-booked and pre-paid shore excursions
  • Transfers
  • Essentials, Booksafe Standard or Platinum Travel Protection insurance
Is there anything the Peace of Mind FCC cannot be used for?

The FCC cannot be applied or used for the following:

• Amenities
  • Dining/beverage packages that are not part of the Free at Sea program
  • Internet packages that are not part of the Free at Sea program
  • Shore excursions booked while onboard
  • Onboard credit
  • Water/soda packages
  • Bottles of wine
  • Onboard amenities such as: Bottles of wine, bon voyage gifts, celebration or photo packages

4 minutes ago, deweytrader said:
What can the Peace of Mind FCC be used for?

The original, full value FCC can be applied and used for the following:

• Voyage Fare
  • NCFs
  • Government Fees and Taxes
  • Pre-paid service charges
  • Beverage or dining gratuities (if part of the Free at Sea promotion selection)
  • Flexible air purchased through Norwegian Cruise Line
  • Hotel purchased through Norwegian Cruise Line
  • Cruise tours purchased through Norwegian Cruise Line
  • Pre-booked and pre-paid shore excursions
  • Transfers
  • Essentials, Booksafe Standard or Platinum Travel Protection insurance
Is there anything the Peace of Mind FCC cannot be used for?

The FCC cannot be applied or used for the following:

• Amenities
  • Dining/beverage packages that are not part of the Free at Sea program
  • Internet packages that are not part of the Free at Sea program
  • Shore excursions booked while onboard
  • Onboard credit
  • Water/soda packages
  • Bottles of wine
  • Onboard amenities such as: Bottles of wine, bon voyage gifts, celebration or photo packages

Thank you. I did see all of this online but nothing spells out upgrades. 

20 minutes ago, sassycruiser said:

I had one FCC credit - $250.00.  Something was messed up with our online profiles so NCL said just book and we will correct it.  Now we can’t get a refund and they extended our FCC.  Which I didnt want.  

So my advice is to book what you can using the FCC now.   

Thank You. Maybe I will just book the club Balcony I don’t want to leave anything on the table. My parents were booked on the original cruise that we cancelled and their FCC was totally messed up it took us a month after several emails escalating to Sr. Management. 

10 hours ago, sungirl10 said:

Does anyone know if you can use leftover FCC for upgrades? I have searched all the FAQ’s and it does not say one way or another?

it looks like I am booking a Bermuda cruise for the end of May using my FCC, I am going solo and when I had booked a balcony originally there was the 200%  solo supplement. The supplement seems to be less and I can either book a balcony and have a few hundred left over which the only think it looks like I can do with the remainder is pre book excursions. Or book a club balcony for about the same amount of my FCC. I was just wondering if I booked the balcony and then could use any leftover for upgrades? 

I just did this yesterday.   They had  given us about $2000 FCC from canceling St. Petersburg and we used some of it to Upgrade to the Haven 2 bedroom suite.  Still have some left, not sure if I can have it applied as OBC or not.

19 hours ago, sungirl10 said:

I have the possibility to bid on an upgrade for my upcoming cruise, and YES, to use FCC from a cancelled cruise is offered to use as payment.

image.jpeg.924e2047ee6f1b164f484e6f41f94ab0.jpeg

16 hours ago, sassycruiser said:

I think my problem is that it wasn’t credit from a canceled cruise just a certificate we bought on board.  I spent a lot of time on the phone, emailing etc.   Just not worth the time and effort for me.  

So not a "FCC" (Future Cruise Credit) then, but a CruiseNext certificate. The FCC's are usually credit for payments done on cruises that then were cancelled by NCL.