Can Assigned Guarantee Stateroom Change before Departure?

gvgseg

I am sailing on Encore on 7/31/22. I took a chance on a Club Balcony Suite (MC) which was guarantee only rather than pay an additional $675 to move up to M6. My stateroom has already been assigned and is unfortunately in an area that I have no desire to be (Deck 9 directly above the Cavern Club). It seems surprising to me that they would have already assigned the stateroom more than 3 months in advance. Is there still a possibility that the room assignment could change or do I need to start looking into paying to upgrade to something different?

Update - I contacted my agent and he was able to do a stateroom change and get me back into a MC guarantee. Hopefully, I am not simply reassigned back into that same room but rather moved up to an MA or M6 at a future date. 

It all worked out in the end - NCL dropped the prices on the Family Club Balcony Suite category so I just paid an extra $91 to upgrade and lock in a room midship on deck 12.

I usually avoid from commenting but I see this type of post and it really gets to me.  You booked a guarantee and you then are unhappy with your room.  You booked the guarantee for a reason mainly to save money.  If you are that concerned with your possible location then pay the additional money and get the location you want.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paphillyguy said:

I usually avoid from commenting but I see this type of post and it really gets to me.  You booked a guarantee and you then are unhappy with your room.  You booked the guarantee for a reason mainly to save money.  If you are that concerned with your possible location then pay the additional money and get the location you want.  

Yes, I booked the lower category to save some money ($675 at the time I booked), but there was also strategy involved. I knew that there was low inventory in the MC category that can hold 4 people so I took a chance on booking the MC guarantee knowing there was a good chance that I could potentially get bumped up into a higher category without having to pay for it.