Kenny Chesney cruise -- how was it??

MiniMom57

I know the cruise ends today.....when you get back home, tell us how lucky you were to be on board!! Was it worth the high price you were charged?? Who were the performers on board? Was the concert on the beach amazing? Details.....I want DETAILS!:D

It actually doesn't start until 2/27. In fact I'm leaving for the airport in 1 hour to go on this cruise! I know people say it is so expensive and that's true, but to each his own. I think it will be worth it for someone who really loves country music. Scheduled to perform are Dierks Bentley, Julie Roberts, Chris Cagle, Big Kenny (of Big & Rich) and lots of lesser name artists. The cruise returns on 3/3 and I'll report back then. I understand that some things didn't go so well on the Dave Mathews cruise so I'm hoping they have the kinks worked out for this one and the weather is better.

I'm back from the Kenny Chesney cruise. There was the good and the not so good, but mostly the good. First of all, this was my 6th cruise, but my first on Royal Caribbean. SOS is an older ship, but other than small cabins, which I expected, it was fine. Seeing Kenny perform was great, but several people complained that he didn't perform long enough. He performed for only 90 minutes, which I think for this special concert was not long enough. If you are a Kenny Chesney fan, those 90 minutes were awesome, just not long enough. Nothing better than sitting on the beach listening to him sing Somewhere in the Sun, Old Blue Chair, No Shoes No Shirt, No Problems, When the Sun Goes Down. Some of the other performers at the island and on board the ships were great too. Dierks Bentley and Big Kenny of Big and Rich performed on the island. Dierks was great, Big Kenny was just o.k. (he's not a favorite of mine though). On the ship there was Little Big Town, Chris Cagle, Julie Roberts, Hot Apple Pie, some Nashville songwriters, and some others that I can't remember. Chris Cagle was awesome. The weather was perfect. The island concert ending up being right next to the Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island. It was general seating on the beach. It was a little hard to see in the back with all the people standing in the front, but you weren't that far away. Yes, it was more expensive than other cruises, but if you like this performers it was great to see them in a small venue. The downside was some awfully drunk cruisers with no manners. This was limited, but there were quite a few kids on board, and these drunk idiots just made adults look bad. All in all, a great experience. My only complaint was that Kenny should have played longer, but then 3 hours wouldn't have been enough!

I'm back from the Kenny Chesney cruise. There was the good and the not so good, but mostly the good. First of all, this was my 6th cruise, but my first on Royal Caribbean. SOS is an older ship, but other than small cabins, which I expected, it was fine. Seeing Kenny perform was great, but several people complained that he didn't perform long enough. He performed for only 90 minutes, which I think for this special concert was not long enough. If you are a Kenny Chesney fan, those 90 minutes were awesome, just not long enough. Nothing better than sitting on the beach listening to him sing Somewhere in the Sun, Old Blue Chair, No Shoes No Shirt, No Problems, When the Sun Goes Down. Some of the other performers at the island and on board the ships were great too. Dierks Bentley and Big Kenny of Big and Rich performed on the island. Dierks was great, Big Kenny was just o.k. (he's not a favorite of mine though). On the ship there was Little Big Town, Chris Cagle, Julie Roberts, Hot Apple Pie, some Nashville songwriters, and some others that I can't remember. Chris Cagle was awesome. The weather was perfect. The island concert ending up being right next to the Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island. It was general seating on the beach. It was a little hard to see in the back with all the people standing in the front, but you weren't that far away. Yes, it was more expensive than other cruises, but if you like this performers it was great to see them in a small venue. The downside was some awfully drunk cruisers with no manners. This was limited, but there were quite a few kids on board, and these drunk idiots just made adults look bad. All in all, a great experience. My only complaint was that Kenny should have played longer, but then 3 hours wouldn't have been enough!

Welcome back..Bet you had a great time..

Now..

Pictures Please :D

"Chris Cagle was awesome."

IS A COMPLETE UNDERSTATEMENT! :D I liked the guy before but after this trip I'm really a fan. He was beyond amazing. He signed autographs at the pool for 5 hours, did an hour Q&A (he's really funny!) and then later that night did 2 hours and maybe a bit more of an amazing concert! Then, if that wasn't enough, he signed autographs and took photos after the concert. I went to bed around 2 and there was still a line a mile long ~ he promised to stay there until everyone got their autograph. He participated in the poker tournament and even in the belly flop contest. (We were on the Majesty.) We saw Little Big Town twice, they were great too. Really friendly when you saw them out and about. I wish Cletis would have done more, he just introded Chris. He said he's lost 60 lbs~ and boy can you tell it.

Monday night was a little wild at sea although the crew said Sunday night was worse. Chris Cagle got sick on the Sovereign while he was performing. During the Q&A on our ship he was asked about it, to hear him tell the story it was funny although I bet it wasn't on Monday night!

I thought the island concert was okay ~ nothing to write home about and certainly that alone wasn't worth the price of the trip but when you look at all the other concerts, I feel I got my monies worth. People nearly trampled you trying to get just an inch or two closer to the stage and the more the booze flowed the worst that got. Some folks will be paying off their bar tabs for the rest of the year and I'm certain there's one or two who don't even remember where they were all week.

Now....how do I get my hearing back and would SOMEONE please make the house stop rocking back and forth! :p

Anyone else back from the KC cruise? I want all the details you care to share.

I'm thrilled to see all the positive posts about Chris Cagle. He's the real deal! Very talented and writes most of his music. He's got a terrific work ethic and remains humble and grateful. I was so happy to see he got booked on the cruise, hope he found some new fans there. Now if he could just get more airplay with his new album that is awesome!

Did the musicians play on each ship? You said he was on the Majesty. Did they switch ships like the entertainers do normally? Just how did that work?

For anyone that's been to FanFair, was it similar and was it worth the money? TIA, Amy

Yes, the concerts were incredible and the weather perfect!! I was on the Magesty and we started with LIttle Big Town and they were great. Everyone of them has an incredible voice and they were very personable. We have several pictures of them with us on the ship. We also had some Nashville Hitmakers that did a nice job. A group of guys that could all sing well. A girl in our group got up on stage and danced with them!! Catherine Britt was in one of the lounges but we were exhausted and only saw her briefly. Darling young girl! Then we had the concert on Paradise Beach. Beautiful setting, gorgeous weather and lots of drinks!! Big Kenny started and I felt bad for him cause he really needed Rich with him!! He wasn't great and didn't even have his band with him for the first few songs. Then Diercks Bentley came on stage and he is hot! Did a very nice job. Got the crowd warmed up for Kenny Chesney!! I thought Kenny did super. He brought Uncle Cracker for a couple of songs and was high energy. The crowd was pumped for Kenny's concert.

Next day we had Chris Cagle and he was incredible beyond words. He loves the audience as much as we love him. He also came poolside before his concert and got in the belly flop contest and jumped in with all his clothes on! Then he did some back flips into the water and I have awesome pictures of that. He was very sensitive and personable. We also had Hot Apple Pie and Blue County and both did a nice job. Just lower key than the others. They were all good about getting pictures taken with fans and signing autographs. It was really cool to see them in the crowds with the rest of us. I would definitely go again and the price balanced out when you think of the quality of concerts you got to see and the closeness you got to the entertainers. Sharon

Archived