HAL Embarkation Time (Venice)

blossiem

We will be embarking later this year in Venice as 'independent passengers' having stayed a few nights prior to sailing. We have only once sailed HAL before and then had the transfer included so got to the port when they delivered us!

Is there a good time to arrive at the port for embarkation? What do people suggest?

With many thanks.

As you will need to check out of your hotel around 11-11.30am I would then head straight down to the dock.

We love boarding early and having the ship to ourselves for a short time. Usually the cabins are ready around 1pm so we usually go to the Lido for a bite to eat and then to our cabins to unpack and enjoy the rest of the day.

By the way, we are always independent travellers and have never used HAL or any other cruise line for transfers.

Jennie

We did the same thing last october. I agree with Aussie about timing. we had a water taxi pick us up at our hotel dock. Foscari Palace. Think "stretch limo." That way it doesn't sound so expensive. Like $70-80. But it's a classy trip and lands you right by the ship, where HAL folks take your luggage. Do your HAL docs on the computer ahead of time. Saves a few minutes in line. I think we were on board by 1pm. Rotterdam. No place like Venice! Jim

P.S. If you return to Venice after the cruise, arrange privately for a limo. Cheaper and quicker than the HAL bus, for two.

We left from Venice last May and since I had purchased the Venice Card on line we had our transportation handy. We left our baggage at the hotel for one last walk around as we were there for 3 days before our cruise and loved it. We probably left St. Mark's around 12:30 and had no problem, took the Vaporetta which dropped us off right at the terminal, left our baggage and proceeded through with check in and walked immediately up to the Lido for lunch. It was a trip of a life time.

Kathy

Archived