Embarkation Status May 1 Joy Cruise from NYC

egurbi

Would someone who is (hopefully) onboard, be kind enough to report the conditions at the NYC cruise terminal today for boarding the JOY to Bermuda?  Were there delays, long lines, etc?  Those of cruising in the next few weeks on the same itinerary are curious to know.  Thanks in advance for any details.

waiting time will vary greatly depending on the ship's projected capacity and by individual passenger's  time of arrival. i walked by the pier today at about 2 PM and there was barely anybody there (outside).  as you know, bermuda departures in many cities are reporting lots of delays associated with people not having cleared the TA process or having submitted the paperwork incorrectly or not at all.

i sailed from this pier a few weeks ago and it was madness inside, but my ship was at 98% capacity. security line took about 40 minutes. and the second line, once past security was for document checks (vax and covid test results) and that line took about 90 minutes. and that was without bermuda being on the itinerary.

my best advice would be to get a check-in time that is either  very early in the morning or late in the afternoon if the object is to avoid waiting in line.

Looking good - Bon Voyage for all those onboard this afternoon.

She's on the move, backing out of Pier 88 a few minutes ago with her side thrusters (live shipcam) and cross-checked Marinetraffic (MT) - on her way out & down the Hudson River now (scheduled departure is 4 pm, last week - she left the pier around 4:45 pm - today's sailing, I consider it on-time "departure".)  Occupancy is said to be well below full occupancy.  

Destination filed is ORF (Norfolk, VA) for a 07:30 arrival tomorrow (ET) per MT.  

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1