When will I get word on my YC Interior upgrade?

Kodewalker

I'm a first time cruiser sailing on May 7th on the Seashore (booked it and didn't realize it was mothers day weekend so hopefully it isn't packed) and put in an upgrade bid of $460 ea for a YC Interior room a few weeks ago. This showed excellent chances of getting it and the max bid is 495, so I may increase it.

When I go to do a dummy booking however it shows the interior YC rooms are fully booked and only a few other YC rooms available.

Should I expect to be turned down since they're all booked or is this how it usually goes? I can't wait until less than 48 hours because then I'll be paying way more for our drink packages, which we haven't bought yet because we're waiting on the answer for this bid.

18 minutes ago, crbonfiber said:

Its really hard to to tell but I would say if you don't get it by TUESDAY. your out. Did u look at your bid ? does it still say pending or cancelled?

It does still say pending. I may up the bids and if I get nothing by Tuesday or Wednesday I’ll cancel so we can still buy our drinks packages at normal price. 

14 hours ago, Kodewalker said:

I'm a first time cruiser sailing on May 7th on the Seashore (booked it and didn't realize it was mothers day weekend so hopefully it isn't packed) and put in an upgrade bid of $460 ea for a YC Interior room a few weeks ago. This showed excellent chances of getting it and the max bid is 495, so I may increase it.

The "bid meter" does not guarantee anything. Sometimes the external company that handles this is just "fishing" to see what folks might pay.  Even if you put the max bid you may or may not get the upgrade.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kodewalker said:

The status now says “Upgrade Unavailable” with no modify or cancel option. 😕

May be an idea to check your method of payment.  Our credit available on our credit card changed by the bid amount 2 days before we were notified that  it was an acceptable bid.   We were in the exact same position, and there was no YC available on the web or by phoning direct at any time but we still got one.   Did think to leave the purchase of the drinks package until day 2 to make the price the same as online if our bid was not accepted.

On 5/2/2022 at 2:38 PM, deniseatnycs said:

May be an idea to check your method of payment.  Our credit available on our credit card changed by the bid amount 2 days before we were notified that  it was an acceptable bid.   We were in the exact same position, and there was no YC available on the web or by phoning direct at any time but we still got one.   Did think to leave the purchase of the drinks package until day 2 to make the price the same as online if our bid was not accepted.

That just happened to me.  We bid on an upgrade, went in to check today and we were no longer eligible for an upgrade.  I checked our room and the number had changed.  Still no notice yet.