Vaccine Exemption Approval Notification Delay

Has anyone else experienced a delay in getting notified of your vaccine exemption approval/denial?We sail in 12 days on May 14 to MX from Long Beach on the Panorama. The website says that those who have requested an exemption will be notified within 14 days of sailing of the exemption has been approved. I've gone into the planner and checked in online and chosen our embarkation check arrival time. So here is where things fall apart. It's now 12 days until sailing and we still have not heard if our exemption is approved. When I call Carnival and wait on hold for an hour to talk to a rep, did this 3 different days, they have no more information than me. Has anyone else requested an exemption and not heard anything or is anyone else going through a similar situation? Also the cruise was booked only 20 days before sailing so they may already have reached the 5% capacity of non-vaxxed

Thanks

Per exemption requests Carnival says "If you are an unvaccinated guest, your reservation is not considered confirmed unless you receive an approved exemption, which will be issued within 14 days of sailing"

36 minutes ago, yellowfrog777 said:
Has anyone else experienced a delay in getting notified of your vaccine exemption approval/denial?We sail in 12 days on May 14 to MX from Long Beach on the Panorama. The website says that those who have requested an exemption will be notified within 14 days of sailing of the exemption has been approved. I've gone into the planner and checked in online and chosen our embarkation check arrival time. So here is where things fall apart. It's now 12 days until sailing and we still have not heard if our exemption is approved. When I call Carnival and wait on hold for an hour to talk to a rep, did this 3 different days, they have no more information than me. Has anyone else requested an exemption and not heard anything or is anyone else going through a similar situation? Also the cruise was booked only 20 days before sailing so they may already have reached the 5% capacity of non-vaxxed

Thanks

Per exemption requests Carnival says "If you are an unvaccinated guest, your reservation is not considered confirmed unless you receive an approved exemption, which will be issued within 14 days of sailing"

Good news!!!! We received the vaccine exemption today, 12 days before sailing. So excited 😀

• Like 3

10 hours ago, yellowfrog777 said:

Good news!!!! We received the vaccine exemption today, 12 days before sailing. So excited 😀

What was you exemption for, medical reasons. children...?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2022 at 12:39 PM, heyyvictorr said:

Did you have to give the doctors note for a religious exemption?

I'm not the OP,  but doing this right now and I can say that no, you do not provide a doctor's note. It also does not have to be (at least in the US) anything actually affiliated with a specific religion. Religion is defined as a set of moral values you as a person live your life by. So if you were a vegan and did not want to eat meat, you could claim a religious exemption even if you were not a recognized religion. You could get a religious exemption as an Athiest, Agnostic, etc. You simply need to let the cruise company know that taking a COVID vaccine goes against your religious beliefs and then you'll likely need to list why, to keep the cruise lines in compliance with the CDC.

On 5/22/2022 at 3:59 PM, Mariketa said:

I'm not the OP,  but doing this right now and I can say that no, you do not provide a doctor's note. It also does not have to be (at least in the US) anything actually affiliated with a specific religion. Religion is defined as a set of moral values you as a person live your life by. So if you were a vegan and did not want to eat meat, you could claim a religious exemption even if you were not a recognized religion. You could get a religious exemption as an Athiest, Agnostic, etc. You simply need to let the cruise company know that taking a COVID vaccine goes against your religious beliefs and then you'll likely need to list why, to keep the cruise lines in compliance with the CDC.

APPRECIATE the knowledge! Have you already cruised or are in the process? We don't go until November, just trying to get a grasp on how they handle unvaccinated before we start booking flights.

19 hours ago, heyyvictorr said:

APPRECIATE the knowledge! Have you already cruised or are in the process? We don't go until November, just trying to get a grasp on how they handle unvaccinated before we start booking flights.

We're waiting now on whether or not the exemption is approved, so I'll update once I have more information. They were very clear though that we should not book any flights or anything until it was approved. We live close to a port and will only be sailing out of there until there are no mandates (testing or otherwise) any longer, so flights and hotels aren't a factor, fortunately. I don't think you can request an exemption at all until the protocols are released for your cruise date. Maybe the mandates will be all gone by then, fingers crossed!

22 hours ago, heyyvictorr said:

We were just approved for an exemption for our children.  Short 4 day cruise visiting Catalina island and Ensenada Mexico.  In regards to Mexico, I am told that unless we have a carnival excursion booked we will not be able to debark in Mexico.  Not even in the port shopping area.  Although for Catalina island it’s a bit of a gray area.  Catalina island is part of Los Angeles county and currently there are no Covid restrictions  (Fingers crossed).  We embark in Long Beach which is also part of the County of Los Angeles.  I’ll report back once (and if) they allow us to board.

On 5/24/2022 at 12:10 PM, Mariketa said:

We're waiting now on whether or not the exemption is approved, so I'll update once I have more information. They were very clear though that we should not book any flights or anything until it was approved. We live close to a port and will only be sailing out of there until there are no mandates (testing or otherwise) any longer, so flights and hotels aren't a factor, fortunately. I don't think you can request an exemption at all until the protocols are released for your cruise date. Maybe the mandates will be all gone by then, fingers crossed!

Let us know when you hear something! I'm sure I'll have more questions then! Either way, if we don't get the exemption we'll still end up going somewhere. Either stay in FL or hop on a puddle jumper to the bahamas.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, yellowfrog777 said:

Attest to it only

So is there a form that Carnival has that needs to be filled out or just a letter to write requesting a religious exemption? 

i REALLY need these mandates to end. 

• Like 3