ISO recent Secret River or cenote reviews

disneyfan551

Has anyone been to the Secret River or cenote excursions?  I'm thinking about trying a Carnival excursion for one of these, even though I typically book excursions through locals.  However, it is difficult to do so when so few people review their trips!  

Thanks for any info!

We did a cenote excursion through Royal pre -COVID. We prefer ship excursions for activities on the mainland if docking in Cozumel.  We were taken to a small  opening that led down to the cenote which was huge.  You don wetsuits if you're snorkeling through the caves and tunnels.  It's a bit chilly.  But really fascinating formations.   There was a lunch served at a local resort afterward and a bit of time for shopping (not much) before the ferry back to Cozumel.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 11:59 AM, disneyfan551 said:

Has anyone been to the Secret River or cenote excursions?  I'm thinking about trying a Carnival excursion for one of these, even though I typically book excursions through locals.  However, it is difficult to do so when so few people review their trips!  

Thanks for any info!

We did one through Carnival in March in Cozumel. You went to 3 different cenotes (swim in 2, zip line and canoe in one) and had lunch. It was really fun, the only thing is it does take a long time to get there and back, plus you’re not at each cenote very long (20+ minutes of swimming). I wouldn’t have done it privately. I found plenty of reviews on Carnival’s website and they were pretty accurate. 

• Like 1