Need Info on Hotels in Buenos Aires

bionicbeacher

Claridge:

http://www.fodors.com/miniguides/mgresults.cfm?destination=buenos_aires@38&cur_section=lod&property_id=146828

NH Jousten:

http://www.fodors.com/miniguides/mgresults.cfm?destination=buenos_aires@38&cur_section=lod&property_id=395887

We paid $89 a night for 2 people including free breakfast. They have free wireless and 2 Internet PCs in the lobby. They stored our luggage for a day and a half while we went to Iguazu Falls. Not much of a bar like the Claridge for mingling.

DILEEP:

Your prices are always so much cheaper than the hotel quote! The price for a standard room is $131 not including 22%tax. Any suggestions for the lower price?

Thanks,

Carol

DILEEP:

Your prices are always so much cheaper than the hotel quote! The price for a standard room is $131 not including 22%tax. Any suggestions for the lower price?

Thanks,

Carol

We booked everything through Ricardo at Defrantur: BA sightseeing, Iguazu trip, hotls in BA.

Hi Carol,

I think we were on the Galaxy Transatlantic together last year. We have a cruise planned in March and we have made arrangements with Ricardo as well. Tell him you know Fran and Len. He has made our arrangements in Buenos Aires plus the flights to and from Iguazu Falls and our overnight at the Sheraton there. He will be picking us up at all the airports in BA and driving us to the ship. We have booked a Pampas Tour with him.

I know we will see a Tango show, but we havene't yet decided which one. Any suggestions from anyone???

Good luck with your plans,

Fran

Hi Carol,

I think we were on the Galaxy Transatlantic together last year. We have a cruise planned in March and we have made arrangements with Ricardo as well. Tell him you know Fran and Len. He has made our arrangements in Buenos Aires plus the flights to and from Iguazu Falls and our overnight at the Sheraton there. He will be picking us up at all the airports in BA and driving us to the ship. We have booked a Pampas Tour with him.

I know we will see a Tango show, but we havene't yet decided which one. Any suggestions from anyone???

Fran

We saw El Viejo Almacen with Ricardo and enjoyed it. If you download my cruise video, you can see some of it. He recommended that one as the authentic one!

Thanks, Dileep. Did you have dinner with the show as well? Are there dinner options? Our plan is to go on the night we arrive in BA. The next morning we are flying to Iguazu Falls for one night.

I want you to know that I really enjoyed your review, as well.

Fran

Thanks, Dileep. Did you have dinner with the show as well? Are there dinner options? Our plan is to go on the night we arrive in BA. The next morning we are flying to Iguazu Falls for one night.

I want you to know that I really enjoyed your review, as well.

Fran

yes, we had dinner there too because it was convenient. The food was OK, not great. We left early the next morning for Iquazu. Hope you have a great time.

They had choices for the main course, but I don't remember what they were. we had the beef.

Hi Carol,

Fran

Hi Fran,

Of course I remember you and Len. Thanks for the info about Ricardo. I'll email him and see what he can do for us. We just booked and have bunches of info to sort through....

Thanks,

Carol

• 1 month later...

We booked our air from Indianapolis to Santiago through Mayra Brill of Argentina Travel Services. E-mail: mayrabrill@argentina.com OR Mayra@ArgentinaTravelServices.com.

After the cruise she also booked our flights from Rio to Iguazzu and from Iguazu to Buenos Aires. We stayed 4 nights in BA at the Ayres de Recoleta--a wonderful location and much cheaper than on their website. It was new.

Then the flight was booked from BA to Indianapolis.

American Airlines changed our routing in November after we had booked in July and she went to challenge for us and made it more bearable!!!

She has recently had twins, but I think that she has returned to work. She was very efficient and pleasant to work with.

How do you get in touch with Buenas Aires Travel Agents? Defrantur? Also, does anyone have information on a good 2 day/1 night trip to Iguazzu Falls? Would a quick trip be worth the money? About how much per person would a quick trip be?

We booked such a trip with Ricardo and had a great time. Read my notes in a different thread. Cost was less than $1000 for 2 people. It is definitely worth it!

I do hope you have better luck with a reply than I have had! I emailed him months ago and received a nice letter from one of his associates. I emailed them back a month ago, as the time is getting closer and have had no reply at all.

I hope it's not because the prices have gone up. I would understand that. But I don't understand not getting any reply at all.

I'll be interested in what information you receive.

I do hope you have better luck with a reply than I have had! I emailed him months ago and received a nice letter from one of his associates. I emailed them back a month ago, as the time is getting closer and have had no reply at all.

I hope it's not because the prices have gone up. I would understand that. But I don't understand not getting any reply at all.

I'll be interested in what information you receive.

Try Carlos. I have heard good things about him. Ricardo was quite responsive a year ago!

Thanks for the address. I'll resend my emails to him and hopefully that will take care of things. I certainly don't want to put false information on a board that might hurt a fellow's business.

The address that I used (just looked) was defrantur@fibertel.com.ar

That is the address that I used to contact him too!

His website is at http://www.buetours.com/ingles/

or http://www.defrantur.com/

Strange - The e-mail address we used for Ricardo was the one that you used, Carole.

Also, both the web site address I listed for him on the previous page and the one dileep had on this page will get you to his web site.

Good luck.

Fran

Hello,

We just got home from Boston late last night and did want to tell you that we have contacted Ricardo. (I must have mailed this info to another thread...) Anyway, he didn't receive our email before that one. He has replied and is very nice and efficient to do business with.

As a matter of fact, (we left town on the 1st of October and hadn't replied to him) - he sent a follow-up email to be sure we had received his reply. We are now in contact with him!

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Carol

:)

Archived