Need Info on Hotels in Buenos Aires

bionicbeacher

Hi everyone, we are planning to stay a few days in Buenos Aires... Post Cruise.. and are looking for information on Hotels we could stay at....with regards to pricing ..... We are not looking for Top of the LIne, but rather Middle of the Road...... However, above all we want it to be clean, and in an area that we will feel safe and comfortable when we walk out the front door and within the area in general.

Any tips you could give us while staying in Buenos Aires would be helpful to us as well.

Would appreciate any information that you could pass along.

Thank You

Ken & Jan

Toronto, Canada

Hi everyone, we are planning to stay a few days in Buenos Aires... Post Cruise.. and are looking for information on Hotels we could stay at....with regards to pricing ..... We are not looking for Top of the LIne, but rather Middle of the Road...... However, above all we want it to be clean, and in an area that we will feel safe and comfortable when we walk out the front door and within the area in general.

We stayed at the NH Jousten and I think it meets all the things you seem to want.

We've been to Buenos Aires twice (GREAT city!) and stayed in two different hotels.

Loisuites - This is in an excellent location in the chic Recoleta area just a block from the famous cemetary that you'll want to visit. The hotel is clean and modern. Our room was large. I didn't love it because it has no charm or personality, and the staff was inexperienced. However that's a personal preference and the hotel gets rave reviews on trip advisor. They have a lovely atrium where breakfast is served.

The Claridge - Located just of Florida Street, which is the famous pedestrian-only busy shopping street. I love this hotel. Has a lot of charm, a great bar (busy w/ with locals and tourists) and an attentive staff.

Claridge has rooms for under $130 and will pick you up at the airport. Since you are leaving, they may take you to the airport for free. It pays to ask them. One thing to find out too is how late you can stay in the room the day you leave. Most flights back to the US leave at 10 or 11 at night. A very latee checkout would be helpful.

Claridge has rooms for under $130 and will pick you up at the airport. Since you are leaving, they may take you to the airport for free. It pays to ask them. One thing to find out too is how late you can stay in the room the day you leave. Most flights back to the US leave at 10 or 11 at night. A very latee checkout would be helpful.

If I'm arriving very early in the am, (such as Europe) or departing very late at night (such as south America), and if I have a cheap hotel rate, I simply book an extra day.

In Buenos Aires, we just booked an extra day, even though we left the hotel at about 8:00PM. I think we paid about $90. a night for the room and that way, we didn't have to pack up everything early. We had a whole day in BA without any worry or thoughts about the hotel holding our luggage or having to ask for a late checkout (which is never late enough) We went back to our room at 7:00, showered, changed and left for the airport. The room was ours and we didn't have to ask for any late checkout favors.

When we went to Iceland and arrived from our overnight flight at the hotel at 6:30 in the AM, rooms, of course weren't ready. We booked our room from the day before. So while everyone else was sitting in the lobby, tired and smelling like an airplane, we checked into our room, unpacked, showered, changed, had our free breakfast (included in the nightly room rate). By 9:00AM we were refreshed, fed and feeling great and on our way out the door while others still sat in the lobby waiting for a room to be ready. Some people left luggage in lobby and went on to explore Rejkavik unshowered and looking for a place for breakfast. Saves money, but personally would not make me happy.

I realize that the extra day may not be in everyone's budget, but when we can score a cheap hotel rate, we just factor it in as part of the vacation cost and it makes things alot more pleasant for us.

Ken & Jan,

Glad you've got some good suggestions. One more I'll add is the Kempinski properties. They have about 3 or 4 hotels in BA. We were on the fence between one of their hotels and the Loisuites and our choice was really a coin toss in the end. We walked by a couple of their hotels in the Recoleta area and they looked charming. So have a look at them also.

Jane

Claridge:

http://www.fodors.com/miniguides/mgresults.cfm?destination=buenos_aires@38&cur_section=lod&property_id=146828

NH Jousten:

http://www.fodors.com/miniguides/mgresults.cfm?destination=buenos_aires@38&cur_section=lod&property_id=395887

We paid $89 a night for 2 people including free breakfast. They have free wireless and 2 Internet PCs in the lobby. They stored our luggage for a day and a half while we went to Iguazu Falls. Not much of a bar like the Claridge for mingling.

Hi to 2Greyhounds and Aknitter appreciate your feedback...also to dileep and Jane110 for your feedback and your information on the various Web Pages that you listed for us.

At the moment we are leaning towards either the Claridge or the NH Jousten and its nice to know that depending on availability, either would serve our purpose.

Thanks Again

Ken & Jan

Toronto, Canada

Hi all --

We are leaving Sat. for BA for the Regal Cruise from BA around the horn to FLL. We have never been to this hotel but it was recommended by our tour guide in BA and we have checked it out on the web and 2 of our friends stayed there in 2004 and were pleased with the price and had no complaints.

It is priced to fit the budget of us retired and limited income folks

Argenta Towers

Nice day all - Earl

Hi all --

We are leaving Sat. for BA for the Regal Cruise from BA around the horn to FLL. We have never been to this hotel but it was recommended by our tour guide in BA and we have checked it out on the web and 2 of our friends stayed there in 2004 and were pleased with the price and had no complaints.

It is priced to fit the budget of us retired and limited income folks

Argenta Towers

Nice day all - Earl

Hi Earl.... thanks for the feedback. The Argenta was our next stop on the Internet for comparison shopping. We understand that Cintia has leverage at this Hotel and can book at a good rate.

Are you taking a side trip to Iguassu Falls from BA...if so, would really like to hear back from you when you return about the Hotel and the Falls ( if in fact you go to the Falls)....also about any side trips in BA that you feel are a Must See.

We will be there in Mid February O7 and plan to stay 4 days before flying home.

Ken & Jan

Toronto

Ken and Jan,

Cintia also has "leverage" at the LoiSuites and got us a better rate than we found on various websites.

She also booked our tango show.

She's a real sweetheart!

Jane

Hi all --

Jane - I agree -- so far Cintia has taken care of our every wish and provided personal input on a couple of our more "off the wall" inquires.

In fact we received a email from her today confirming our pick up at the airport on sunday and a few other "news" items.

Ken and Jan -- Will do --probably will post after we get on the Regal. The Argenta recently raised their price but Cintia was able to get them to honor a lower price. We are paying USA $85.00 per nite.

Also -- Cintia now takes major credit cards --

Nice day all -- Earl

Hi all --

Jane - I agree -- so far Cintia has taken care of our every wish and provided personal input on a couple of our more "off the wall" inquires.

In fact we received a email from her today confirming our pick up at the airport on sunday and a few other "news" items.

Ken and Jan -- Will do --probably will post after we get on the Regal. The Argenta recently raised their price but Cintia was able to get them to honor a lower price. We are paying USA $85.00 per nite.

Nice day all -- Earl

Credit cards? Well, I guess she was in a position where she really had to. When she and I met, we discussed it. Seems that there are two major problems taking CC's in - the fee's are much higher than in other parts of the world and secondly, the CC companies take a very long time to get the money to the vendor so it creates a big cash flow problem.

She's a tiny company, it's just her and her husband. I'm sure she'd appreciate cash (US or Argentine) whenever possible.

Jane

Hi all --

Nice day all -- Earl

Ricardo at Defrantur will take credit cards too, but he adds an extra amount to cover the fees that he is charged. I forget how much that extra amount was, but it was close to 10%.

Does Cintia charge the same amount if you pay her by credit card?

Which credit cards does Cintia currently take? Thank you!

I have no idea. When we used her last year, she took cash only. US or Argentine currency is fine with her.

We pre-payed her for our hotel stay on the morning we arrived, in American dollars. We brought the cash with us. For the tango tour, we paid her in local currency that we got from a nearby ATM.

Jane

Hey Earl, dileep and Jane110...great information, greatly appreciated.

We will be emailing "C" this afternoon to get some preliminary discussions started on a Post Cruise Package that will encompass a one night/ two day trip to Iguassu Falls.

We will inquire about credit card payments , Hotels etc.

Will pass along any info... if something jumps out at us that might be different from what we have learned so far...

Earl look forward to hearing from you on your return....have a great trip.

Ken & Jan

HI all -- probably my last post before we leave to Miami and then off to BA.

Our arrangements with Cintia were for pickup at the airport and delivery to hotel on Sun. We arranged for tango shows, tours, etc and were expecting to pay cash - some in U.S. and some in Pesos

We received a Email from Cintia one day advising they now accepted Visa and MasterCard and asking us if we would like to put the Tours on Credit card. We hesitated until we could check out the cost of foreign exchange with our Credit card companies. As our cost was reasonable we said OK and filled out the necessary forms that she faxed us. To our surprise she also had put the hotel on our credit card although we were expecting and prepared to pay cash.

So there you have the whole story-- I dont know if she does this for everyone or if she has a limit based on the number of tours, etc. that you book thru her. We have booked a solid 4 days worth of goodies.

Nice day all - Earl

Almost forgot -- I dont believe she charged any additional fees to us for using the Credit Card.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived