Room allocation & new cruiser Q’s

VanessaNJ

Hi all,

Will be a first time princess cruiser this year on Majestic Princess in December. 

When I booked they only had guarantee rooms left, so I have a few questions. 
- When will we receive our room allocation? I know this varies for different lines. 
- why would they only have guarantee rooms available? 
- for anyone that has chosen this option before, how likely it is that my category will change? 

thanks! And I look forward to trying princess 🙂 

You can receive your cabin number at anytime, even up to embarkation.  Usually, though it will be after final payment and within thirty days of sailing.  Times are much different now, so your guess is as good as any.  Guarantee cabins are reserved so that the cruiseline has options for moving passengers around the ship.  You may get a category upgrade, but never count on it.  Loads of people think it will happen and then they’re assigned the same category in a not so great location and they’re very disappointed.  If that’s all that is available,  then you really will just have to go with the flow.  You could always call Princess if you’re unhappy with your cabin and try for something better.

Some big travel agencies block out groups of cabins and release them at some point, if not sold. Recently I could only see Guarantee on Princess site but saw cabins on a TA site.

18 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Did you book directly with Princess or through a TA? I think I would call whoever I booked with to see if it's now possible to book a specific cabin. Have a list of cabins you're interested in handy.

Good idea, you might check a big box site and see which cabins they have, then ask Princess or TA, 'Is cabin #### available.